A&H

Promotions - Season Ending 2024

didn't get my L4 this season unfortunately, didn't realise the 15 lines needed to be on step 5/6 of football, missed it by 3. Typical.
Guidance notes say:
Complete a minimum of 15 Assistant Referee appointments. Priority will be given to competitions below when considering nominations:• FA Competitions• Step 5/6 Leagues of the National League System• Tiers 3/4 of the Women’s Football Pyramid • County FA Cup Competitions (open age)• EFL Youth Alliance League. To strengthen your nomination, it is recommended you join the panel of Assistant Referees on a Step 5&6 League and regularly officiate matches.

The Referee Store
@Big Cat telling 15 year olds about death on a referee forum 😂😂😂
It's ok, I'm used to it. I go to a state grammar school that requires 5 A's minimum for 6th form entry, that's basically a death penalty in itself for someone who prefers reffing to sitting in a classroom.

It's ok, I'm used to it. I go to a state grammar school that requires 5 A's minimum for 6th form entry, that's basically a death penalty in itself for someone who prefers reffing to sitting in a classroom.
I'd be interested to know which exam board they use as GCSEs have been classified Grades 1-9 for at least the last 4 years.

No idea mate, just going off what my RDO has said to us, there's a good number of us been rejected on that basis.
As @ChasObserverRefDeveloper says, your application should not / CAN NOT be rejected simply on the basis of having completed lower level lines. Your county should be nominating you to the FA but making clear in this nomination that the lines completed were not on the highest level available. The net result may well be the same (ie missing out) but the process should be followed. Overall, a reminder that it's worth being fully aware of the detail within the promotion scheme at each level in order to give the best possible chance of success.

Also gained my Level 5 this season. Plan to have a full year as a 5 before considering whether to push for 5-4.

The time commitment with two kids and a fairly commute heavy job are the elements that's making me hold off 5-4 for now.

53rd game of the season last night, that's me done now until the end of June. Fairly happy with that considering 12 weeks out through injury (and countless postponements with the Northern weather)

Impressive to take that long off and still get 53 games in!
Calf injury in late August (3 weeks)
Hamstring in November (9 weeks)

Got lucky to a certain degree too with the amount of midweek games at the back end of the season, just checked my spreadsheet and realised I'd missed off last nights last game.

18x Midweek
18x Saturday
18x Sunday

31 Middles (48 cautions and 4 dismissals)
23 Lines

Calf injury in late August (3 weeks)
Hamstring in November (9 weeks)

Got lucky to a certain degree too with the amount of midweek games at the back end of the season, just checked my spreadsheet and realised I'd missed off last nights last game.

18x Midweek
18x Saturday
18x Sunday

31 Middles (48 cautions and 4 dismissals)
23 Lines
That is some well behaved players/teams... 👀

That is some well behaved players/teams... 👀
I think my tolerance levels have changed somewhat over the course of the season too to be more confident in identifying cautions (especially the more technical cautions of C4/C5)

Working on the line with more 4s at Step 5 has given me a lot more confidence in what I'm doing in the middle. Can't recommend that highly enough for anyone looking to come through, especially for some of the "polishing" that's required the higher up we go.

I’ve resigned myself to the fact that I’ll have to roll my promotion over into next season. Not got enough middles in. Managed 14 middles and 12 lines including 1 on the FA Vase

Got my 5 earlier on in the season but have been massively underwhelmed. The abundance of 5s in my county (probably due to the easier promotions) has meant too many 5s for the amount of senior games. I’ve been doing the same as I was as a 7. After speaking with a few people, I’m hoping next season should be more interesting.

Considering 4-3W next year

Got my 5 earlier on in the season but have been massively underwhelmed. The abundance of 5s in my county (probably due to the easier promotions) has meant too many 5s for the amount of senior games. I’ve been doing the same as I was as a 7. After speaking with a few people, I’m hoping next season should be more interesting.

Considering 4-3W next year
It’s the opposite in my area. Not enough 5’s who have passed the fitness test, so some more senior 5’s who haven’t passed it this season are doing the step 6 middles along with us 5’s who have passed it.

Had my County nomination for 5-4, now awaiting the news from FA on if managing to get through the constant reminders of the current high amount of level 4s.

Had one season at 4 back in 2018-19 season before having to pack refereeing in altogether for 3 and a half years due to work commitments so very excited at the prospect of returning to the level now my work/life balance has returned

Back