A&H

Junior/Youth Racist Comment by player

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
It is blatant double standards, and discriminatory, that you're reporting players based on hearsay merely because of the colour of someone's skin......you wouldn't caution or dismiss for something that you hadn't seen or heard.....so why submit a report merely because the allegation involves perceived racism?
Because that's what we've been told to do ;) Befehl ist Befehl!

'In the above mentioned game, I, as referee, was approached by Dog and Duck FC player Joe Bloggs with an allegation that Red Lion FC player had made a racist comment to him.

I was not near the event and can neither deny or confirm this allegation'

Yeah, one sentence saying that a comment was brought to your attention but you did not witness it so can't confirm or deny just seems like a no brainer to cover your own back IMO

But you would need to identify both players involved.......otherwise the "report" becomes even more pointless!

So you are now reporting players based on hearsay..........

It's the same if I child came up to you as a coach/referee and said that, for example, he didn't wana go home with his stepdad because he abused him... You have to take that seriously regardless of the kids reputation for telling lies or maybe he's the boy who cried wolf. You have to report it to the proper authorities.
If a player came to me and said he was racially abused I would simply contact the FA after the game and see what they say. In the same way I would with the scenario above.

It's the same if I child came up to you as a coach/referee and said that, for example, he didn't wana go home with his stepdad because he abused him... You have to take that seriously regardless of the kids reputation for telling lies or maybe he's the boy who cried wolf. You have to report it to the proper authorities.
If a player came to me and said he was racially abused I would simply contact the FA after the game and see what they say. In the same way I would with the scenario above.

Absolutely in no way the same!

Clutching at straws now......

Realistically, If I was to report everything that a player, spectator or club official claims to have happened I'd be doing reports all week. Having said that, you do need to take the severity of the incident into account and an accusation of racism comes pretty high up the scale. However, I still think that reporting something you did not personally witness leaves your report open to easy dismissal, as I have personally experienced. In cases like this I think that the clubs and individual witnesses have an obligation to report the matter themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back