A&H

Ref Book Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrkRef

lkref
Hi guys, when I caution or s/o, I hate the hassle of getting my book out and trying to scribble the players name down (big handwriting) and am looking for any alternatives you got? I've got the card skins and stuff but they only allow for you to write down the number and i dont have that luxury yet! Thanks :)

The Referee Store
I have recently started using these bad boys: http://www.refereeworld.com/en/shop...ge=english&attribute_pa_quantity=100-4-00e-en

Which I was steered onto via this thread: http://refchat.co.uk/threads/match-cards.6570/

I had been using the refsworld note book, but I just didn't like it, similar to you I have quite large hand writing and found it too findly to get out of my pocket and flipe to the right page etc,

I've only used these cards for a handful of games at the moment but I prefer them to a notebook. They're fairly cheap, refstore do 50 for £5.99.

A piece of A4 paper reduced sufficiently in size to fit into a FIFA hardback wallet.......write as big as you like.......

The beauty is that you can get more than one of these beauties in your wallet, and they have 2 sides each!

Unless you refereeing at a level which allows for quick cards, then it really isn't s hardship having to get your wallet out to write down the players details.....it also allows you time to manage the process at a nice steady pace......

A piece of A4 paper reduced sufficiently in size to fit into a FIFA hardback wallet.......write as big as you like.......

The beauty is that you can get more than one of these beauties in your wallet, and they have 2 sides each!

Unless you refereeing at a level which allows for quick cards, then it really isn't s hardship having to get your wallet out to write down the players details.....it also allows you time to manage the process at a nice steady pace......

Judging by your posts on here you'd need a few sides of A4 to note all your cautions @Padfoot ;)

Now now @RegalRef that's unfair. Thats the same advice i was given on my refs course. If reffing older age groups then have blank paper or a notebook to note down anything said. Fair play to @Padfoot. Sorry if i sound patronising but pointless jibes are stupid.

One YC, one RC and a roll of masking tape. 2 lines on the YC ( H and A), one on the red split top and bottom.

Easy to grab, write on it in sun or rain, in pen or pencil, and also makes them think twice about what you might be writing down, if its on th back of a YC.

Notebook in rear pocket incase the prverbial his the spinny thing.

Rather than (IMO) wasting money on things like write-on cards and the like, my suggestion would be to practice writing a bit smaller! Even when you get to the level where you get team sheets you can't rely on them being correct, even at Supply League level. Take the time to isolate the player and confirm their name (letter by letter if necessary) before showing the card. There's no rush, and it gives players time to calm down before play restarts and they go and do something stupid.

Hi guys, when I caution or s/o, I hate the hassle of getting my book out and trying to scribble the players name down (big handwriting) and am looking for any alternatives you got? I've got the card skins and stuff but they only allow for you to write down the number and i dont have that luxury yet! Thanks :)
Poor you can't be bothered to do the job right.

Why don't you write all their names down before the game and then just note the offence/time/incident in your book?

Thanks for some useful suggestions guys, and thanks for some interesting comments aswell, @Brian Hamilton not too sure what you mean by your first comment is that a dig at me cause I dont like my ref book?

Last edited:
Its a hassle cause of my big and messy writing etc and was simply after some other alternatives, dont see the harm in that, doesnt stop me from getting it out whenever necessary @Brian Hamilton, i believe i do my job just fine :)

Before this descends into more personal attacks at people, closing this at the request of the thread starter.

Can we all just chill out a bit and leave the personal attacks off the forum please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back