A&H

Remembering Offenders

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that is the exact reason when using traffic lights red is just plain no advantage yellow I'm still afraid too because really you have the dugouts and stand then green I'm only going to play it if there got a good shot or can get a good cross in

The Referee Store
And that is the exact reason when using traffic lights red is just plain no advantage yellow I'm still afraid too because really you have the dugouts and stand then green I'm only going to play it if there got a good shot or can get a good cross in
You state that the red zone is a plain no but then contradict yourself by saying online if they can get a good shot away. You've pretty much highlighted 5/6's of the pitch as a red zone.

But I don't see upside of playing advantage unless clear site on goal even tomorrow as its my assessment day tomorrow I'm not going to be playing hardly any advantage unless I can see the teams having good passing

The upside of playing advantage is that you're not artificially taking a team's attack away to award a pointless free kick.

You did not read it properly I said a clear shot on goal in the green if got it
Goals can come from anywhere. I've played an advantage for a defender just inside his own half, he's swung a boot at it and it's floated over the keeper and in from 50 yards. Yellow zone, maybe even red - and there's arguably no typical goalscoring "chance", but it's still gone in.

I know what you mean but how often do them go in
Rarely of course. But on the other hand, how often do you have problems arise from applying advantage in the red/yellow zones? Also pretty rarely in my experience, especially if you moderate your use of advantage to fit the "tone" of the match.

I've seen loads referees on supply league play advantage and even referees play advantage at contributory level and they have played them so poorly that I just don't play it unless it a clear shot on goal

I've seen loads referees on supply league play advantage and even referees play advantage at contributory level and they have played them so poorly that I just don't play it unless it a clear shot on goal
I'm intrigued by what you consider to be playing advantage "poorly" - if you watch what happens and no advantage develops, it's not difficult to blow the whistle and say "OK, we'll bring it back for the original foul".

My understanding is that when you progress up the levels, you start to be expected to use advantage in some situations and it's more common to be criticised for underusing it than overusing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back