A&H

Sané vs. Huddersfield

SLI39

Did anyone see Leroy Sané's treatment of referee Paul Tierney immediately following his equaliser last night? Retreating to the City half for kick off, he appeared to raise three fingers in Tierney's face, an allusion to the three handballs he had allegedly missed prior to the City goal. It was a particularly aggressive form of dissent (mirrored by Guardiola on the touchline incidentally), and I was surprised he wasn't booked. It's a pity retrospective action is out of the question.
It also reminded me of a match a month or so back, in which I allowed dissent to escalate, so my disappointment was probably connected psychologically to that experience.

The Referee Store
Oh they were getting right on my nerves. "HANDBALL! HANDBALL! HANDBALL!"
Thought Tierney called them all correctly but failed to deal with the following dissent.
Also thought he got the penalty he did give spot on too. I know some might argue it was dogso which should be red given the type of offence but I dont think it was.

Oh they were getting right on my nerves. "HANDBALL! HANDBALL! HANDBALL!"
Thought Tierney called them all correctly but failed to deal with the following dissent.
Also thought he got the penalty he did give spot on too. I know some might argue it was dogso which should be red given the type of offence but I dont think it was.

i thought he did well, i sat there fuming though at the commentators, who dont usually bother me, saying that he may have been ''under pressure to give the penalty, given that he'd missed all those handballs''
Danny Murphy, nice bloke, but spouted a load of old rubbish last night

Yes, I thought he did well overall. I called penalty (resignedly, given my allegiance on the night) on immediate viewing. I agree also about the commentators/pundits: rather than simply repeat how difficult it is for referees etc. (that's when they're not criticising), I would prefer them to consider how their statements transmit to the general public, creating misconceptions and prejudices of which we all bear the brunt.

Yes, I thought he did well overall. I called penalty (resignedly, given my allegiance on the night) on immediate viewing. I agree also about the commentators/pundits: rather than simply repeat how difficult it is for referees etc. (that's when they're not criticising), I would prefer them to consider how their statements transmit to the general public, creating misconceptions and prejudices of which we all bear the brunt.
That's their job to create controversy otherwise they wouldn't have anything to talk about...oh look someone who is paid 1/2 million a week can pass a ball ten yards! :yawn:

I couldn't believe he got away with it when I saw it. It wasn't replayed on the channel I was watching.

But it doesn't help any of us when every Sunday league player sees that and copies it. What happened to the 'crackdown on dissent' we heard so much about at the start of the season?

I couldn't believe he got away with it when I saw it. It wasn't replayed on the channel I was watching.

But it doesn't help any of us when every Sunday league player sees that and copies it. What happened to the 'crackdown on dissent' we heard so much about at the start of the season?
Went out the window the first time Rooney wasn't booked for getting in the referee's face.

Back