A&H

SE Dons - Lino abuse

The Ginger Ref

Admittedly, it's not SE Dons who are at fault for once, but just why?

Absolutely abhorrent behaviour.

Part 1

Part 2

My issue with YouTube teams like SE Dons, is their behaviour, the crowd they draw and the fact there is a camera present brings out the worst in Sunday league footballers.

I assume the refs are paid really well? Because who on earth wants to be in that situation.

The Referee Store
I doubt it.

I used to be on the league Palmers FC played in while they were still going - nowhere near the same crowd as SE Dons now get and I didn't do loads of Sunday football so never actually refereed them, but they were just assigned a ref like any other team would be. If you want to ref on that league, you accept a small % chance each weekend that you'll be sent there and find yourself on YouTube.

Are they filming with a drone overhead ? Incidentally I’ve just seen this on twitter.

Got to be a red card for red 11.

For any referee, it is so important - if your assistant needs to explain something, stop and listen. Think carefully. Don’t belittle it to get on with the game - or get on with the handshakes.

“B***h” is an easy red card.

There’s “last week’s ref” syndrome all over this. Surely someone has to put a stop to all the bodies on the pitch, threaten abandonment and follow through.

How do you run the line when most of the crowd are stood on it?

To me, the ref hasn’t properly taken time to listen to what the AR has offered, or the AR has downplayed this.

Otherwise the outcome is just completely wrong from the information if it was correctly communicated.

Why these teams are allowed to persist, and quite literally harm the image of the game, is a mystery to me

Anyone got the times in each video? No idea why but they aren't starting at the time of the incidents for me so I don't know what has happened.

I've been saying for ages these YouTube teams are out of control. There are too many people around a pitch that has no kind of spectator control, only a matter of time before there is a very serious incident. Not saying they shouldn't be playing, but they should be made to hire a semi-pro ground with a barrier and stewards.

That game was way beyond that referee's ability. Poor ARs. No protection.
How can the league committee allow a team to behave this way on camera every week?
I am not playing a game with 10 people standing on the pitch for 90 mins. I am not having 20 people run on the pitch after a goal either.
This would have been an expensive day for this club if I were in the middle. Bet they wouldn't do it next week though.

Nothing has changed for over 100 years, great picture from c1910 to 1920, women’s match, had to wear a hat to attend though!

Interesting goal posts, no nets.

Attachments

• IMG_0699.jpeg
    IMG_0699.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 9
Bet they wouldn't do it next week though.
Bet they would because it gets them views. Nobody wants to watch some spectators respectfully watch a game because that’s ‘boring’ content.

As a result they earn a decent nick out of it; meaning they can pay any fines and charges that come off the back of these things.

all very unpleasant and is out of control. i would guess ANY ref couldn't ref this competently due to the hinderences with the supporters. how have we got to this?

It's like playing in the ghetto.

As this now exists in the public domain, the FA should be taking over the report, as it is a enhanced discrimination matter. That means the YC is ignored and an extra penalty imposed - fine and/or ban.
I wonder if the FA are even aware it happened because the ref only sin-binned the player.

Back