A&H

so you step onto the field of play

Shirt Pocket - Match Report Wallet with no cards in along with a Pen Clipped into Shirt

Shorts Left - Yellow Card (always use this when cautioning)
Shorts Right - Red Card (Always use this one as well)

Left Wrist - Lorus Count up Watch - Stop and start
Whistle's on Lanyard - Fox 40 Classic for general use and a Fox 40 Sonik Blast for Mass Confrontation
Also on Left wrist British Heart Foundation wristband and a Poppy remembrance bracelet on my arm
Right Wrist - Lorus Count Up watch - Continuous

Left Sock - Spare pen incase mine runs out or I lose it as I have done on a number of occasions before

I know some of you will say that I should take the wristband off but a Referee is not required by law to take them off
It is however good practise to do it.

The Referee Store

I know some of you will say that I should take the wristband off but a Referee is not required by law to take them off
It is however good practise to do it.
A referee is required to remove all jewellery, with the exception of watches for timekeeping. That is in the LoTG.

If you would ask a player to remove the wristband, you should too.

+1 MOTW

Bands and bracelets should be taken off. How can you ask a player to remove them if you're wearing them?

Interesting to see so many variations, so here's my current set up:
Shirt Pocket: A&H Scorecard Holder inc. Yellow & Red Cards + Pen
Left Short Pocket: Spare Fox 40 Classic Orange Whistle
Right Short Pocket: 50p Coin
Left Wrist: Casio Sport Referee Timer Watch (Countdown 45-0)
Right Wrist: Casio Illuminator Watch (Stopwatch 0-45) + Fox 40 Classic Black Whistle on Lanyard
Right Sock: Spare Pencil

Hey, Supermonkey... this fella uses a FIFTY PENCE PIECE.

I'm moving to Birmingham.

4BxgObw.gif

And if you lose it? Will you spend another £4.97? 2p is enough for me. If I am feeling in a particularly flash mood, I use a shiny one.
(Also, aside from the dizzy heights of a 50p or even a £2 coin, it's the largest coin - the eyes aren't what they used to be.)

I've started using 1 Euro coins for the toss. Got so many of the bloody things laying around from various European trips and I don't really care if they get lost or fall out of my pocket.

I have a 2 pound coin and a 50p in my tackle box.

Sounds rich, but they are worthless over here and no-one else has them so if dropped and found I know who's it is!

My kit breakdown for when running the line and referee.

Line: if senior left short pocket new fox 40 eclipse. on my wrist I have Casio multi countdown timer and a normal count up stopwatch. Shirt pocket hard back wallet with match record sheet and red yellow in wallet and power tank pen right short another spare pen. 2nd assistant same as above but without whistle and stopwatch on my wrist.

referee: left short pocket whistle on lanyard clip and spare whistle on lanyard. Chest pocket b&d wallet with two spare cards and match card and spare match card if it cup match ed write on card and power tank pen. Right shorts pocket spare pen write on yellow card and a&h coin. And watches as mentioned above

If first match or last match of season or cup match I use my ra coin.

Last edited:
Back