A&H

Spurs v Gent

Tealeaf

Lighting the darkest hour
Staff member
So far 2 KMIs both gone against the home side - the first the corner that was a goal kick from which Gent equalised (on the night) and the Alli red card. Called that as red in real time but the slo-mo was even worse. No arguments with that one.

Oh and excuse me, but I have to do this... Storm Doris caused havoc in the North and Midlands today. Meanwhile a Harry Kane in Wembley seriously damaged Spurs' European hopes :p :D :eek:

The Referee Store
Ali's a nasty piece of work and should have seen red much more than he has in his short career.
You're not gonna get away with crap like that in Europe

Just seen the result and red card, wow that's a shocker right out of the Vinny Jones book! :eek::mad:

Out of interest, are adidas embarrassed by their current range of referee kits that they are hiding/removing their logo on the kits? :confused:

Enfant terrible... keep walking Son and don't run all the hot water off... Tealeaf takes biscuit in French pun shocker! :)

That's such a strange tackle to make - normally when that kind of red card from a 50:50 happens, the player's going for the ball in a dangerous way, opponent gets in there, nicks the ball away and gets smashed as a result. I'm not convinced Ali's foot was ever going to make contact with the ball - he went waaaaaay over the top and directly at the opponent's leg.

Definite red on first viewing, but second viewing is making me doubt if there was even a genuine attempt to get the ball at all.

That's such a strange tackle to make - normally when that kind of red card from a 50:50 happens, the player's going for the ball in a dangerous way, opponent gets in there, nicks the ball away and gets smashed as a result. I'm not convinced Ali's foot was ever going to make contact with the ball - he went waaaaaay over the top and directly at the opponent's leg.

Definite red on first viewing, but second viewing is making me doubt if there was even a genuine attempt to get the ball at all.

Very much doubt there was any attempt to play the ball. He thought he should have had a foul before so it looks to me like the red mist has descended, and could well be looking at more than the standard 3 games for that.

Looks like someone has bailed the referee out as well as he was about to make a terrible decision. Was going to his left shirt pocket only to then change to the right one, which makes me think he was about to pull out a yellow.

For me there is no doubt he was responding to the non call a few seconds earlier.

I'm even looking for a VC justification he was so uninterested in the ball (don't pile on - I know the difference - just sayin)

Hope he gets an extended ban but note it could be years before he serves it ;-)

Back