A&H

Take him off, or i'll send him off.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
U9 and U10 tournament second day today last of the league matches then plate and cup finals then runners up.
Very good tournament this weekend with end to end football, lots goals players and parents having a good time, sadly it all came to an end today last match of the tournament, playing for nice big trophy with two good U10 teams. Away team winning 2-0 with 30 seconds on the watch, when an away player gets tackled i blow the whistle for the foul. Player jumps up and standing but a foot away from the tackler and goes to head butt him and laughs his head off with fists clenched ( he's only 9 years old) I blow the whistle 3-4 times running over to them, i call the away player to me and he turns his back on me. His manager is standing some 10 yards away and i call him over and said to him " Sub him now, or i'll send him off" Which he does albeit the player crying at this point and the manager giving him a lecture as they are walking off. As this is unfolding one parent shouts " He shouldn't be allowed to do that" another one shouts back " You leave my son alone" Then the home manager says to the two spectators " Yeah ! lets start with you two by setting an example to these kids" Soon shut them up..... 20 seconds later i blow the whistle for full time and the away side celebrating their cup win, and the away player who was taken off still getting a lecture by his dad now..........

The Referee Store
Ok... I understand lenience for 8-10 year olds for things such as reckless play (perhaps more uneducated and young than reckless)

But lenience with violent conduct?

Never. Little mite should have had the red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back