A&H

That's your fault ref!

RegalRef

Politically Incorrect
Had a feisty game this morning, last of season for these two, according to both captains nothing for either team to play for.

During the toss I reminded them if that was the case how foolish they would be to pick up any suspensions that would follow them into next season.

That didn't stop lots of mouth and attempted verbal intimidation, soon silenced with a couple of cautions and strong words.

So, 72nd minute and away team (green) have a shout for a penalty. Not given, ball goes upfield, and on the half way line green midfielder goes into a 50/50 double footed, off the ground, completely out of control, nowhere near the ball.

Mass confrontation ensues, all handbags really. It calms down and I make the (very easy) decision to show him a straight red.

Que shouts of "that's your fault ref", "that wouldn't have happened if you'd made the right decision on that pen ref".

Whatever mate. Get on with it.

The Referee Store
Sounds like you've ruined the game there mate

Think that one was in there too mate.

On reflection I think it probably was a penalty just before, and I got that one wrong. Was never gonna tell them that though.

No excuse for the challenge though, epitomised Loss of control, endangered an opponent and excessive force.

I had a manager should out last month, that it was my fault a player was being substituted. This was after I spoke to him suggesting that his next misdemeanour would earn him a second yellow.

I wasn't sure if that was a compliment or not.

I take everything as a compliment ...

'you are **** ref!' ... thank you mate
'im going to kill you ref' ... awww too kind, too kind

Back