A&H

The end of the season

Aled

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
As the season reaches it's conclusion I'm down to my final 4 games of the 2014/15 season.
Got 1 U13's, 1 U19's (AR) and 2 cup final (1 middle, 1 line).
Who's got what left now? Can't be much more left now really

A&H International
Down to my last 4.
Coorporate event AR tomorrow night.
School staff league middle Friday.
Mini soccer game Saturday morning.
U15's middle a week on Sunday.

2 U18 League games, 2 U18 finals (one middle, 1 AR) and 1 Open Age final AR if it gets rescheduled (currently pending an appeal to the County FA)..Keeping fingers crossed for 1 or 2 more ...

How many cups are they ? :eek: Seems like everyone of you have 2 or 3 finals, is there a cup for every neighbourhood ? :D

Can't speak for elsewhere, but in both my Open Age and U18 Leagues there are around forty teams and six different cup competiions. So whilst getting a cup final appointment is nice recognition and a great way to end the season, it's certainly not a 'once in a lifetime' achievement!

How many cups are they ? :eek: Seems like everyone of you have 2 or 3 finals, is there a cup for every neighbourhood ? :D
Around 12 County Finals, 4 District Finals, League Cup/Trophy Finals for every league within spitting distance and 4 officials per final, so most people get involved in one or two this time of year.

I keep getting last minute AR duties on my local Step7 league, which is nice as I need to do 5 lines to meet the L4 promotion criteria.

So I now have 2 more ARs on the next two Saturday's, followed by a final middle on 16th May.

@Brian Hamilton @Russell Jones
Ok I get it now, to give you an idea of the situation here, we are something like 220 refs for only 4 cup finals (OA, U19, U17, U15), so having one appointment is a big deal :D

But therefore, all the team's of the District are involved and by the time we reach the 1/4 finals, all is left is the top of the top of regional level football.

I had the chance to be central referee to one U15 QF and AR to one U19 QF.
No appointment for the SFs, so maybe I can dream of one on the big day :D

@Brian Hamilton @Russell Jones
Ok I get it now, to give you an idea of the situation here, we are something like 220 refs for only 4 cup finals (OA, U19, U17, U15), so having one appointment is a big deal :D

But therefore, all the team's of the District are involved and by the time we reach the 1/4 finals, all is left is the top of the top of regional level football.

I had the chance to be central referee to one U15 QF and AR to one U19 QF.
No appointment for the SFs, so maybe I can dream of one on the big day :D
We have 1200 referees in our County but a lot are not active and many have done most of the finals up for grabs. They operate across 25 leagues (if not more), so you can see why a lot of people get a lot of cup finals.

Back