A&H

This is a bit much isn't it?

The Referee Store
Will the player be getting banned for the dive? Will he f***
That said the standard of refereeing from Africa's top refs is poor. They stand out as way out of their depth at the World Cup.
I remember a referee getting headbutted (worse than Joe Hart on Michael Oliver) in the ACN in 2010 and the ref doing nothing. That is worse than ANY penalty decision.
The referee in question comes from a country where the national stadium is 6,000!!
I've ran a line in front of 4,000!! And I'm s**t (so I'm told every weekend)

Last edited:
So an Africa Cup of Nations referee has been banned for six months for "poor performance". (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31125655)

Agree with the ban or think its too harsh?

I personally think the ban is excessive. A player doesn't get 6 months for violent conduct but an official makes an [presumably] honest decision under pressure and gets 6 months? A month or two for me would probably be enough.

starts @2:02:55

For those wondering it was not MI ;)

It's as much to do with legal issues as football specifics. There is a 'duty of care' aspect that wasn't followed related to security of players.

That said looking at ACN standards perhaps I should go to Djibouti (perhaps join the Legion out there) and I could be a 'continental federation' referee too? #UEFAwho? :p

What, even when Cameroon were leading England 2-1 in a world cup quarter-final after 82 minutes? :rolleyes:

What, even when Cameroon were leading England 2-1 in a world cup quarter-final after 82 minutes? :rolleyes:

Would have thought it was obvious I was making reference to procedures, organisations and punishments there as opposed to the footballing teams...

Maybe not.

Actually the ref isn't banned just for a penalty which could be an honest mistake, but if you watch the whole 120mn game, you'll see perpetual nonsense in favour of the Home team with the 94th minute penalty as the cherry

IMO for a ref, looking objectivly biased in every little decisions is far far worse than doing some enormous "honest" mistakes

Last edited by a moderator:
Back