A&H

Trainee referee

Chris.smith.2000

Level 9 Referee
Hey hope you’re all well. I just wanted to introduce myself.
My name is Chris and I am a new trainee referee.
I’ve been in football from a young age and was lucky enough to play for an academy (semi-pro) until I damaged ligaments in my knee. I have made the hard choice to stop playing but wanted to still be apart of football that’s why I have chosen refereeing.

The Referee Store
good stuff, i find refs who've played the game at a decent level tend to have an advantage (in some areas!) over the rest of us so should stand you in good stead

best of luck

Welcome to the madhouse. Good bunch of people here (and also some who support Man City).

good stuff, i find refs who've played the game at a decent level tend to have an advantage (in some areas!) over the rest of us so should stand you in good stead

best of luck
Not in my experience, having played at a decent level can hinder a new referee as they officiate as they would like to be officiated. Seen it loads of times, although in fairness they usually eventually stop thinking like a player and rather think like a referee.

Not in my experience, having played at a decent level can hinder a new referee as they officiate as they would like to be officiated. Seen it loads of times, although in fairness they usually eventually stop thinking like a player and rather think like a referee.
I get that, but I see/hear refs who played at a decent level and I pick up things I just never knew/considered. I'm not talking big things, the odd 1% here and there

I get that, but I see/hear refs who played at a decent level and I pick up things I just never knew/considered. I'm not talking big things, the odd 1% here and there
Perhaps it is beneficial once they have got through the first few years as a referee, I can see that as a benefit, it's the initial years where it can be a hinderance.

Back