A&H

Traveling distance to a match

'everyone is eventually promoted beyond the level of their existing competency' - The Peter Principle

The Referee Store
I did tell him the distance and that I would try my best, and I did keep him posted on my progress - when in a safe place to do so as I was driving. 2 other asistants had already pulled out due to not being able to make the location after work.

Just wonder at what point we realise (and may accept) that we can not go any further, and thus can stick with maintaining the current potision at the ceiling. For some it may be 6, some 5 and some 4. I expect that for many refs ther are a mixture of "I want to go to the top and nothing can stop me (but not taking into account age, fitness, eyesight or life commitments)" and some who are not going to go any further regardless how hard they try.
HRW
fully take on board your comments myself I have been doing this for 16 yrs now did the kids youth Sunday and sat matches ,so did a good apprenteship I didn't start it to see how far I could go it was help out my sons team(u13) then I found I was ok at this carried on got better got to the old level 2 and tried for 1 didn't get it ah I just stuck to refereeing, at the new level 6.
Until I bumped into a good assessor friend he asked me why I was still a 6 , because your better than that so went ahead and that season got my 5, again bumped into him got your five I see I think you can do better, so I went for it.
Level 4 took me personally 3 attempts because I didn't listen and learn on the third occasion I did and got it. Again you need the time a good boss and understanding family from this level onwards, as for level three I would love it but it depends on me the clubs the assessor, being in the right place at the right time so who knows ???

Back