A&H

VAR announcing decisions

The Referee Store
Based on the select group officials I know, I wouldn't say law is their strong point!
That's nonsense, no referee gets to that level without knowing law inside out. Especially these days where just about every training seminar starts with a LoTG exam. There's a huge difference though between not knowing law and knowing it but making the wrong decision when put on the spot. That's why there are thousands of electrical accidents every year, the electricians know the regs and are qualified in them, but just make mistakes, just as referees know the laws but make mistakes.

That's nonsense, no referee gets to that level without knowing law inside out. Especially these days where just about every training seminar starts with a LoTG exam. There's a huge difference though between not knowing law and knowing it but making the wrong decision when put on the spot. That's why there are thousands of electrical accidents every year, the electricians know the regs and are qualified in them, but just make mistakes, just as referees know the laws but make mistakes.
I promise you it is not nonsense. I've known and still know a number of them, and their knowledge of laws is sometimes lacking when we're having a discussion.

Yes they will have passed law exams, so have I. Doesn't mean I have an encyclopedic knowledge of them.

Last edited:
Back