A&H

VAR challenge system

A&H International
This is certain to be a universal success. And then it can trickle to lower levels. in youth games, the moms can show us their iPhones to help us reverse calls on the field. We’ll need rules though. At least three moms have to have the disputed event on their phones from different angles?

This is certain to be a universal success. And then it can trickle to lower levels. in youth games, the moms can show us their iPhones to help us reverse calls on the field. We’ll need rules though. At least three moms have to have the disputed event on their phones from different angles?
😂 oh no, wouldn't want the threat of a pi55ed mom on a Sunday morning with a handbag! Steer well clear of them!

Had something like that happen to me in a game many years ago. A local photographer had a bad angle on an offside/onside play that he thought I had wrong. He came up to me at halftime and said he'd show me the "evidence". I responded that if he continued this threat, I'd have the athletic director remove the photographer and contact his employer. There was no additional effort to provide this "challenge".

Had something like that happen to me in a game many years ago. A local photographer had a bad angle on an offside/onside play that he thought I had wrong. He came up to me at halftime and said he'd show me the "evidence". I responded that if he continued this threat, I'd have the athletic director remove the photographer and contact his employer. There was no additional effort to provide this "challenge".
Rightfully so. I can think of at least 2 examples of where referees were actually banned for accepting this 'evidence'.

I had a very heated match and two players had a quick scuffle over the ball, where one player two hand pushed the player in the chest/neck with a bit of intent. So I cautioned him.

Had the gaffer tell me his side had caught the 'punch' on camera. Just told him to show me it at full time if he fancies it.

Hey ChatGPT, make the offside look like it's onside on this photo.
Hey referee, the goal should stand as per the photo it's onside.

(Can also be done for a video clip)
There you have it.

Back