A&H

Warm down

The Referee Store
does anyone here do a warm down after a match and if so what does it consist of?

The purpose of a warm down is to bring your heart rate down to a resting state in a controlled manner, but also to help the release of the lactic acid and other physical-activity induced nasty's.

Although as I've stated in the Warm-Up section, you have to tailor your warm down to you. My heart rate reduces quickly after exercises, others dont.

For your warm up, jog around the pitch at the same pace you feel you've averaged out at throughout your game (this ensures your heart rate remains steady). As you are running around, reduce that pace incrementally to a brisk walk, and then finally a walk. Once your heart rate has come down to a rate where you are no longer breathing hard and you feel settled, you can then stretch off your muscle groups and individual muscles.

I hope this helps

The purpose of a warm down is to bring your heart rate down to a resting state in a controlled manner, but also to help the release of the lactic acid and other physical-activity induced nasty's.

Although as I've stated in the Warm-Up section, you have to tailor your warm down to you. My heart rate reduces quickly after exercises, others dont.

For your warm up, jog around the pitch at the same pace you feel you've averaged out at throughout your game (this ensures your heart rate remains steady). As you are running around, reduce that pace incrementally to a brisk walk, and then finally a walk. Once your heart rate has come down to a rate where you are no longer breathing hard and you feel settled, you can then stretch off your muscle groups and individual muscles.

I hope this helps
That's great thanks David

Back