A&H

Warm during the match

The Referee Store
You're going to get a range of opinions on this forum I think!

I frequently wear a thermal undershirt (black obviously!) with long sleeves and I think that's perfectly fine. Opinions vary regarding gloves, but again, I think they're fine as long as they're black and thin enough that you can still write/hold cards easily.

As a general rule, I'd try to avoid wearing more than the players - you don't want to be the only one in long sleeves.

I wear a long sleeved skin underneath my short sleeved shirt.

Gloves are a last resort; but as I say if it helps you concentrate on the game rather than being cold wear them as it will improve your performance!

Personally, on the extremely rare occasions that it's cold enough that I need a thermal top then I'll wear a long sleeve shirt.

I never wear gloves, refereeing or otherwise, I run quite hot as it is and I find my hands get too warm and I end up taking them off.

The above is personal preference, and whilst I personally think it looks untidy with a long sleeve thermal top under a short sleeve shirt, if you need it to keep you warm then crack on.

Any idiot can be cold.

I think it is fine to wear a long sleeve thermal shirt under short sleeved referee shirt. I sometimes wear 2! Also have a pair of undershorts which make a huge difference. I don't wear gloves. Have in the past but can just get in the way.

@Will Triffitt i thought it was only me that wore 2. I have a short sleeved with in built heart rate monitor strap/clip so like to wear that as opposed to the strap. But I have worn a long sleeved thermal over it to keep me warm too.

normal nike/sondico compression shorts work fine ... and you find most 'compression' shorts these days are designed to keep the body cool/warm dependant on the weather!

I wear a long sleeve with my short sleeve if need be! but if i can push it ill always wear a short sleeve under armour with a short sleeve top (need to buy a long sleeve top!!)

also, if you keep your core warm, then 90% of the time your extremities will be ok ...

normal nike/sondico compression shorts work fine ... and you find most 'compression' shorts these days are designed to keep the body cool/warm dependant on the weather!

I wear a long sleeve with my short sleeve if need be! but if i can push it ill always wear a short sleeve under armour with a short sleeve top (need to buy a long sleeve top!!)

also, if you keep your core warm, then 90% of the time your extremities will be ok ...

This.

The reason your extremities get cold is because the body diverts blood to keep your core warm (obviously you'll be cold at certain temperatures regardless).

Now retired but short sleeved shirt, short sleeved compression undershirt and no gloves wherever I went and in whatever weather too. Rubbed Tiger balm inside my wrists on occasions.

I did grow up in a sea port, never wore a coat to school and have a bit more meat on my bones than many of you though.

Cup of coffee :drink:; fleece; top coat and choc...
Sorry - did you mean as a referee?
:)

Often a problem in W12 this season, where the football hasn't been "hot" enough to keep anyone warm most of the time.

At last match Mrs Pinner, said to me, if she had been at home in a nice comfy armchair, she would have fallen asleep - it was only the cold keeping her awake - you try to show a lady a good time eh?!:rolleyes:;)

Back