A&H

Watches / Boots

The Zebra

BAFRA Member #217
Hi all,
I'm trying to just update the kitbag - and am in need of a couple of specific items - but not sure what the best products nowadays are:

I need a decent wristwatch with stopwatch capabilities - and really looking for a design where the buttons to stop and start, plus reset cannot be tripped accidentally.

Secondly - I'm looking for a few different pairs of boots - with one stipulation - they must be completely plain black with no other markings on them (for those of you old enough to remember - I'm looking for something a bit like the CICA Blades that we were offered by the RA when they first came out).

I need boots for three particular field types:
Astroturf/3G
Natural grass (for both dry ground and muddy/wet ground)

The Referee Store
For a watch, I'd recommend a Spintso which (depending on model) has adjustable periods, count up, count down, doesn't reset accidentally and even tells you the time of day! Not cheap mind but a seriously good bit of kit for a football ref.
There's a popular trend for all black boots at the moment which means two things - more choice and higher prices. Adidas have some options with their FreeFootball collection (astro/3G) and there's always these bad boys - http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prod...-Soccer-Cleats-BlackMetallic-Gold-82130.aspx?
All black and the best boot ever produced IMHO (sorry about the price mind :()
Puma have all black KIngs and their maybe some more from the Europeans like Pantofola D'Oro (again expensive)

For your watch it doesnt really matter !
As for boots get a pair of copa mundial or Kaisers will be great for hard ,soft or astro !!

The watch is one of the most important bits of kit we need as we will be stopping and starting time on a regular basis (as well as overseeing timeouts) - so the minimising of inadvertentent button presses is key.

And the boots have to be plain black - the Adidas ones you've mentioned (of which I used to have pairs) wouldn't be suitable due to the white stripes on them.

Sorry Zebra didnt notice in your post that you needed all black ! As for the watch i was presuming that any watch with a countdown function is fine ? Depends how much you want to spend ?

Casio RFT 100 would be my watch of choice every time.

I just got new Nike Tiempo boots. Mi e have white instep and white nike swoosh but you can buy all black ones also...just out of interest....why do they need to be all black?...

I use 2 watches. One is a bog standard Casio referees watch. It has features to count up and down and signal set times ..ie 45 mins... but i only use the basic stop-watch feature. The second watch is a Nike-plus (tomtom) GPS running watch. Again it has stop watch etc.. but I set it to go for a run so it maps my route and measures distance...

The watch is one of the most important bits of kit we need as we will be stopping and starting time on a regular basis (as well as overseeing timeouts) - so the minimising of inadvertentent button presses is key.

And the boots have to be plain black - the Adidas ones you've mentioned (of which I used to have pairs) wouldn't be suitable due to the white stripes on them.
The boots in the link I sent are all black. Adidas Copa Mundial but with black stripes not white. Even a black tongue rather than the normal white. As I said there's a trend for all black right now but it makes them more expensive than the norm.

I love my Nike Premier boots, lightweight and a very comfortable insole. They have a white swoosh though. (Would you could consider using a black waterproof marker on the swoosh, to make them all black?)

if you're looking for cheap all black boots sports direct has sondico ones and they are completely black. they have some with a white stripe on and others completely black

Back