A&H

What clothes should be worn to Refereeing course?

AHoops18

Level 7 Referee
Hello,
My refereeing course is in 1 and a half hours and I need to know what I should wear.

Thanks,
AHoops

The Referee Store
Hello,
My refereeing course is in 1 and a half hours and I need to know what I should wear.

Thanks,
AHoops
Some of the course is classroom work, some out on the field of play, so suitable footwear for indoors and take footwear for outside in your bag (3G/grass as appropriate). Shorts or trackies, and casual/football top. Tracksuit ideal.
Not the warmest evening so wrap up warm.
Enjoy the course.
Tell us how it goes.

They really should have told you in the emails arranging it all, but hopefully Chas's advice has helped. If nothing else they should have given you footwear requirements as that could be different if practical sessions are on grass rather than 3G.

Reminds me of one L4 attending an FA seminar that had said dress code was normal match day attire. Most people were in suits, shirts and tie, he was in his refereeing kit 😂

They really should have told you in the emails arranging it all, but hopefully Chas's advice has helped. If nothing else they should have given you footwear requirements as that could be different if practical sessions are on grass rather than 3G.

Reminds me of one L4 attending an FA seminar that had said dress code was normal match day attire. Most people were in suits, shirts and tie, he was in his refereeing kit 😂
Well, I do have to say that this isn’t a completely wrong assessment…….

Some of the course is classroom work, some out on the field of play, so suitable footwear for indoors and take footwear for outside in your bag (3G/grass as appropriate). Shorts or trackies, and casual/football top. Tracksuit ideal.
Not the warmest evening so wrap up warm.
Enjoy the course.
Tell us how it goes.
Thanks,
It went great, learnt a lot. Quite a higher turnout than I expected, made a friend. But overall its a great learning experience, especially the practical when they let everyone get a change to be the middle man.

I do need help and advice though finding those first five games.

Thanks,
Albert

Thanks,
It went great, learnt a lot. Quite a higher turnout than I expected, made a friend. But overall its a great learning experience, especially the practical when they let everyone get a change to be the middle man.

Thanks,
Albert
Chance*

Unfortunately they did not specify so chas's advice did very much help.

That L4 is like something I could see myself doing.

Thanks,

Thanks,
Albert
Well done!
The way to get the first five games varies by county. In my area we invite the local appointments secretaries in for the last hour of the second session, we tell the learners what they need to do, we collect a "next two months' availability" form which we hand to the appropriate appointments person, and we give the learners their "first five games" form ready for completion.
If you have a second session it should be covered in that. If it's not mentioned, ask the Referee Developer who is presenting the course.
If the course is now complete, ask your County FA Referee Development Manager/Officer (or the Referee Developer if they have given you their contact details, which we do in my area) how you are supposed to get games, and how mentors are arranged in your area.

Well done!
The way to get the first five games varies by county. In my area we invite the local appointments secretaries in for the last hour of the second session, we tell the learners what they need to do, we collect a "next two months' availability" form which we hand to the appropriate appointments person, and we give the learners their "first five games" form ready for completion.
If you have a second session it should be covered in that. If it's not mentioned, ask the Referee Developer who is presenting the course.
If the course is now complete, ask your County FA Referee Development Manager/Officer (or the Referee Developer if they have given you their contact details, which we do in my area) how you are supposed to get games, and how mentors are arranged in your area.
The referee developer said that in the email I will receive from the referee development officer will inform us on how to get games.

Thanks again,
Albert.

Back