A&H

What do you do.....?

Padfoot

The Persecuted One
Youth Game, U15's.....

2 players square up to each other following a poor challenge.....red player grabs blue player round the throat.......blue captain intervenes ands breaks them up......what do you do?

The Referee Store
Who committed the poor challenge and is it cautionable? Just a couple of details needed to give an accurate answer ;)

Is there a naughty step nearby? :D

Before anyone else answers more seriously - something to bear in mind: discussion good, this dissolving into the age old argument about youth/sanctions etc is not good (in a thread insta closed kinda way)

Let's behave like adults please, or it will be toys away, lights off and bed time ;)

Only one RC offence is described, if the captain has broke it up you may want to share some of your match fee with him!! He's done a good job for you!!

Reactions: DB
Seems this has been asked and answered. Blue skipper may have been hoping his intervention would prevent a sanction against his player, might need some kind words.

Ideally, I'd be saying: "Of course" in response to a shout of "sub please ref" from the red manager. As the hot headed red is trooped off the field & replaced, I would then publically congratulate and thank the blue captain for his sportsmanship and leadership.

Ideally, I'd be saying: "Of course" in response to a shout of "sub please ref" from the red manager. As the hot headed red is trooped off the field & replaced, I would then publically congratulate and thank the blue captain for his sportsmanship and leadership.

Honestly not sure if you're serious....? You'd be allowing a player guilty of violent conduct to be subbed off with no sanction?

Challenge wasn't really worthy of a caution.....

What actually happened was........

Red player got cautioned for the throat grab.......blue captain also got cautioned for intervening.......

I am eagerly awaiting to see if the referee in question is applying for promotion......because i can guarantee he will be on my list of 'must do' observations for the next marking season!

Honestly not sure if you're serious....? You'd be allowing a player guilty of violent conduct to be subbed off with no sanction?

Challenge wasn't really worthy of a caution.....

What actually happened was........

Red player got cautioned for the throat grab.......blue captain also got cautioned for intervening.......

I am eagerly awaiting to see if the referee in question is applying for promotion......because i can guarantee he will be on my list of 'must do' observations for the next marking season!
What was the captain actually cautioned for ? (apart from intervening)

Are you on laughing gas? you are not going to RC the player for violent conduct..... wow ! LWR.... if he does it again next week he will be expecting to get away with it, because he will be in for a shock if i am the referee.......

Is there a naughty step nearby? :D

Before anyone else answers more seriously - something to bear in mind: discussion good, this dissolving into the age old argument about youth/sanctions etc is not good (in a thread insta closed kinda way)

Let's behave like adults please, or it will be toys away, lights off and bed time ;)
May I remind you of this post from earlier?

Reactions: DB
For violent conduct? You'd allow a sub instead?? :rolleyes::wall:

Red player is a clear red. Not enough information to tell if any blue players need a caution or even a talking to.

Red card no doubt about it. I do a lot of youth football and that would be one of the easiest decisions to make. Not a chance would I allow the player to be subbed off not even at 9 aside .

I think it may be time for me to take a break from here.

I really do detest the phrase LWR, too often a simple shorthand for "I'm not prepared to discuss, or engage in a rational conversation".

In a forum like this, the nuances of communication are lost as we a forced to rely entirely on a few written words; all inflexion, body language, tone etc. that we normally rely on in human interaction is lost.

I wrote my post in the hope of sparking a discussion about how to modify behaviour, but as all anyone seems to want to say is "Red card, move on" and woe betide anyone who might want to explore different approaches, I shall keep my thoughts to myself.

We may as well just stick to two post threads: OP posts leading questing, next poster replies with stock answer, aren't we all good boys, end of thread.

Back