A&H

What is the correct ruling here?

LC

Level 6 Referee
Match last night as assistant

Player ran through on goal went round the keeper and had all the time in the world. He proceeds to go down on his knees and roll the ball in with his head. Goal given and no complaints from anyone.

What is the correct thing to do here? I seem to remember someone at a high level doing this? I also seem to remember a rule being bought in to stop this by giving a free kick the other way and a caution for unsporting behavior?

Obviously as there were no complaints the sensible thing to do is to just give the goal but what is the actual ruling for this?

The Referee Store
I don't believe there is a specific rule, it can be deemed as unsporting behaviour in which case you would stop play to issue a caution and restart with an IDFK, whether you do this or leave it, is up to you.

Christ on a bike, DO NOT disallow this goal. Complaints or not.
I could argue that chipping/rounding a GK or scoring a backheel or overhead kick is taking the p*ss (am I gonna disallow it?)
What about scoring from your own half? That's pretty cheeky! Gonna Disallow it?

Learn to defend better and/or bloody chase players who you are supposed to be marking when they run away from you so they don't get the opportunity to take the piss out of you. :)

:)

Thanks for the replies. I definitely wouldn't of disallowed it but I definitely remember it happening before so wasn't sure

See....now the defender was unhappy with that and, had he kicked the guys head into the net after the ball or had the goal scorer responded to the push, it could have kicked off big time

the mandatory caution for acting in a manner which shows a lack of respect for the game is there if you want it ;)

Christ on a bike, DO NOT disallow this goal. Complaints or not.
I could argue that chipping/rounding a GK or scoring a backheel or overhead kick is taking the p*ss (am I gonna disallow it?)
What about scoring from your own half? That's pretty cheeky! Gonna Disallow it?

aren't you forgetting referee's opinion there, deusex

Last edited by a moderator:
If you would be prepared to issue a caution for showboating, you may as well hang your whistle up.

Can't even believe it is being mentioned as a potential caution, let alone disallowing it.

This was Nani showboating and, once again, at least one opposition player was seemingly not impressed

though nothing beats dirty leeds v southampton in 1972

Back