A&H

What's the answer ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

steamydaz1966

Level 7 Referee
I got asked today the following :-

keeper decides to leave the goal kick for defender to take and then stands outside his penalty area to receive the ball. Defender then takes the kick, passes it to keeper who then dribbles it back into his penalty area to pick it up so he can then take a kick out of his hands.
Is this allowed?

The Referee Store
Passback. IDFK nothing more. Even though its from a goal kick it is no different to a normal passback

I thought it would be unsporting behaviour and a IDFK but to be honest on the spot I hadn't got an answer as it wasn't something I thought someone would consider doing. I said I'd ask the question to the 'world of refs' as there are more experienced guys on here than me. As @GraemeS has noted bringing up a previous thread (many thanks matey) no one seems to have the answer.

I thought it would be unsporting behaviour and a IDFK but to be honest on the spot I hadn't got an answer as it wasn't something I thought someone would consider doing. I said I'd ask the question to the 'world of refs' as there are more experienced guys on here than me. As @GraemeS has noted bringing up a previous thread (many thanks matey) no one seems to have the answer.
There was an answer @steamydaz1966 - Indirect Free Kick from the point the GK handles the ball, as it should be treated as a ball deliberately kicked to him.

I got asked today the following :-

keeper decides to leave the goal kick for defender to take and then stands outside his penalty area to receive the ball. Defender then takes the kick, passes it to keeper who then dribbles it back into his penalty area to pick it up so he can then take a kick out of his hands.
Is this allowed?
were you at my game saturday ??? :)

Ok many thanks @xPositor.
@richard ramjane haha. No it was my son who asked. He's 10, got one hell of a kick on him but his coach likes to play it out from the back which is great with this year as they still play the retreat to half way line in U10's, so it gives the defender chance to look up and play the ball out. However, his coach and opposing coach decided in last weeks friendly they would play no retreat to test all players for next season when that rule is not allowed in U11's onwards. Unfortunately for both keepers they would goalkick to the defender who was being quickly closed down by the forwards resulting in chances on goal.

Ok many thanks @xPositor.
@richard ramjane haha. No it was my son who asked. He's 10, got one hell of a kick on him but his coach likes to play it out from the back which is great with this year as they still play the retreat to half way line in U10's, so it gives the defender chance to look up and play the ball out. However, his coach and opposing coach decided in last weeks friendly they would play no retreat to test all players for next season when that rule is not allowed in U11's onwards. Unfortunately for both keepers they would goalkick to the defender who was being quickly closed down by the forwards resulting in chances on goal.
ahh i see yep fair enough, and something they need to get used to as you say ... my keeper had no such excuse !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back