A&H

Wolves Vs Leeds

Mooseybaby

Retired big bad baldy in all black!
Hard to know where to start with this one. Game had everything - Goals, red cards, VAR reviews... unhappy managers and players. Wolves angry they wasn't given penalty at 1-0, yellow card upgraded to red following VAR review, Leeds score 4th goal, Traore complains he was fouled in the build up having effectively stopped playing - referee advised to review by VAR, but stuck with his original decision of no foul and goal given, Wolves bench goes nuts, resulting in another red card and the offender having to be restrained. :eek:

The Referee Store
The one that interested me the most was the Traore reaction to the shirt pull. He just stopped and expected a free kick even though the ball was still within playing distance in a no danger area... just like a Sunday League player. The 2nd red card provides an interesting situation of an inactive player being dismissed.

But what matters most is that we have 3 more points and have a 4 club gap to the relegation places.

I can't see why VAR recommended a review for the fourth Leeds goal - it seems obvious to me that the pull of the shirt hasn't affected Traore's movement whatsoever.

Lets work with facts connected with play.
1. Was Traore's shirted pulled -Yes.
2. Did it stop him from making his initial contact with the ball - Yes
if he stopped, it was because he felt he had been fouled. I don't support players stopping their runs or movements because they feel they have been fouled but in that in that situation (in the spirit of the game), the foul should be given.

Also, Junior Firpo's challenge on Semedo in the first half should be a Penalty kick. Surely it has to be as Firpo clearly kicks the leg of Semedo first thereby initiating contact . Semedo gets the ball first.

if he stopped, it was because he felt he had been fouled. I don't support players stopping their runs or movements because they feel they have been fouled but in that in that situation (in the spirit of the game), the foul should be given.

Also, Junior Firpo's challenge on Semedo in the first half should be a Penalty kick. Surely it has to be as Firpo clearly kicks the leg of Semedo first thereby initiating contact . Semedo gets the ball first.
He's 14 stone of pure muscle. That tiny little pull on his shirt had no impact on him whatsoever, he just chose to stop thinking he should get a foul. Holding is now clearly defined in law, as below, and there is no way that brief holding impeded his movement.

1679229541992.png

Make your mind up, was it the shirt pull that stopped him from playing the ball, or was it because he chose to stop because he thought it was a foul?! 😂

The pull clearly has not affected his movement one iota there, other than he very stupidly chose to stop and appeal for a free kick instead of getting on with it.

Was he Shirt pulled - No.
was it tugged - yes.
Did it stop him from making contact - absolutely not.
Was it embarrassing- absolutely yes.

I’ve not seen any footage showing even any contact but no way it’s a penalty.

He's 14 stone of pure muscle. That tiny little pull on his shirt had no impact on him whatsoever, he just chose to stop thinking he should get a foul. Holding is now clearly defined in law, as below, and there is no way that brief holding impeded his movement.

View attachment 6454
Surprised he could hold onto the shirt with all that oil dripping off it

The one that interested me the most was the Traore reaction to the shirt pull. He just stopped and expected a free kick even though the ball was still within playing distance in a no danger area... just like a Sunday League player. The 2nd red card provides an interesting situation of an inactive player being dismissed.

But what matters most is that we have 3 more points and have a 4 club gap to the relegation places.
Just to stand up for "Sunday League" players everywhere. ;)

Two examples from 'my team' who, admittedly ARE playing like Sunday League players at the moment.

QPR player faced with two oppo players, ball in play, no recent foul or anything like that stops to tie his shoe laces and play goes on past him!

Saturday, (Different) QPR player, stops, watches the ball roll along the touchline and stay in play - oppo doesn't stop and advances to penalty area.

Nothing to do with refereeing, but hopefully admin see the funny side of this 'Sunday League' incident in a Championship game.

QPR player (Yep, another one) winds up for a long throw level with edge of penalty area, launches the ball and it goes straight into about the 5th row back in the stand near side of goal!:rolleyes:

The gift that keeps on giving at the moment my team!

Back