A&H

Woo Hoo!

Ryan Owens

Token Colonial
Level 3 Referee
Have received four new assessments from my work at the U18 Club National Championships that happened in October. Needless to say, I'm on cloud 9 as I received an average score of 71.5. My lowest grade was a 70 and my highest grade was a 73.

Here's what I got on average for the different categories:

Alertness/Mental Awareness: 7.0 (7,7,7,7)
Support to the Referee: 7.125 (7,7,7.5,7)
Signals: 7.25 (7.5, 7.5, 7,7)
Offside Judgement: 7.125 (7,7,7,7.5)
Fitness and Positioning: 7.25 (7,7.5,7,7.5)

Areas of Improvement:

• Don't get lazy coming back to the offside line after doing goal kick mechanics and after a punt by the keeper.
  • On slower attacks you are walking down your touchline looking over your shoulder into the field. Be square to the field and do your lateral movement.
  • Movements: Must get to the corner flag at all times the ball goes out to CK or GK before make is signal.
  • Left directional signal goes behind back
  • Corner kick signal goes behind back
  • Lifted flag with left hand instead of right and then flag it to right to give direction.
  • Do the full goal kick mechanics.
  • Over ruled on a throwin decision at 24 min. It happens but better eye contact in that one instance may have corrected the problem.
Areas of Strength:

• Fitness and mobility. Covered your line and the offside well.
  • Sharp , clear signals.
  • Good judgements on offside.
  • Good fitness, but times to times not good use of it.
  • Sgnals correct
  • Excellent concentration
  • Good eye contact with the referee
  • Understood the offside wait and see technique
  • Mobile up and down your line , Ran plays/balls to the goal line and had the offside line well covered.
  • Good , confident offside decisions.
  • Clear confident signals.
Yeah, overall I've got some things to work on and correct but a pretty good result for me. All of these matches were on the line, by the way.

The Referee Store
Nicely done Ryan, like you said, a few things to work on, but nothing major

Well done!! :D

Back