A&H

Would anyone mind looking through mine

Matt Redmond

Level 7 Referee
Here is my first one of my promotion. Got the mark i needed but did feel they were a little low.

Any thoughts?

Removed team names and assessor name

Attachments

• Ref ass Matt Redmond.doc
    195 KB · Views: 79
Last edited by a moderator:
The Referee Store
my only comment would be that your write up in Application of Law was very good, yet you were only scored 3.5 out of 5. While you have got a good mark overall, it would be useful to understand what you would have needed to do in order to get the 5/5 in that section, especially as it's one of the highest weighted sections of your overall score.

Take a look at the assessor handbook in the resource section on here and see what you were missing on section 1, as @Richthekeeper has said, as that carries the most weighting, id be looking at what you needed to do to get at least a 4

As a 7-6 it is difficult to get the high marks, as you won't have those type of games.

Looking at the marking, I think that the Section 1 should be a 4 from what is written but it is a judgement call and not obvious

The important for a 7-6 is to learn and get better in the next assessment so the corner positioning and other development points don't reappear.

As a 7-6 it is difficult to get the high marks, as you won't have those type of games.

Looking at the marking, I think that the Section 1 should be a 4 from what is written but it is a judgement call and not obvious

The important for a 7-6 is to learn and get better in the next assessment so the corner positioning and other development points don't reappear.

I would have to disagree with you, I would argue that it is easier to get higher marks at lower levels as the expectations of the assessor are lower and the competencies one is required to fulfil are more basic. This means it is far easier to far exceed the expected level of performance and access the 'higher marks'. Also I find it hard to comprehend your point about 'those types of games'. Yes, the football is perhaps more light-hearted and less may be on the line but mass confrontations and derbies occur at every level in the system.

I would agree with you lincs that Section 1 does read more like a 4 and to me the overall performance reads more like a 75/76. To have only two development points and only be awarded a score 1 above the expected I would certainly feel hard done by. Pretty poor from the assessor's side that he was only able to identify two development point as well. Everyone (especially those starting off) has things to improve even if they are very minor! I was fortunate enough to receive an assessment of 83 earlier in the season and this still had three development points...

Matt it may be worth writing a nicely worded email to your RDO asking for an appeal on the mark given. It certainly won't do you any harm!

Thanks for the feedback guys. Im glad im not the only one who read is a really good assessment but the marks not reflecting what was written. I too was disappointed to only get 2 development points.

Not going to appeal the report because at the end of the day i got the mark i needed for promotion but i will have a chat with RDO about it. See what he says.

Ross thanks for removing the names. Didnt even think about that. Woops.:(

'You were well positioned at 9-5 situations'

That had me stumped for a moment or two - a bit old school isn't it :)

Matt it may be worth writing a nicely worded email to your RDO asking for an appeal on the mark given. It certainly won't do you any harm!

Am I right in thinking that appeals are not allowed at County F.A. level - just reviews

Back