A&H

''You can't book me ref''

If parents are "offering advice" about decisions from the side line, I generally have a word reminding them that if their little darling does the same he will be the one collecting cards so it is best if they keep their opinions to themselves! Usual works as the kids shout dad shut up as they are embarrassed. If he is offering more than advice then often find the car park is a lonely place for them to stand! You get to know the parents in the leagues and once they know you there usually isn't a problem!

The Referee Store
'I've never been booked in my life'
Was told this by a player last season. I've never been booked in almost 30 years of playing football he said. You can't say that any more I said.

His father, a long time thorn in the side of local referees told me I was the worst referee in the league because I booked his son.
His mother said I want to tell you something.
I said can I tell you something first?
She paused... have a nice summer I said and walked off.

Was told this by a player last season. I've never been booked in almost 30 years of playing football he said. You can't say that any more I said.

His father, a long time thorn in the side of local referees told me I was the worst referee in the league because I booked his son.
His mother said I want to tell you something.
I said can I tell you something first?
She paused... have a nice summer I said and walked off.
Brilliant!

Back