A&H

1st assessment - 4a to 3b

SM

The avuncular one
These are the new welsh grades. 3b is senior county ref in wales

Assessed Saturday, game went well and was a challenging cup encounter. Post match feedback was good.

Should be a letter on the mat when I get home tonight...

Yes I am a tease!

The Referee Store
I can feel the anxiety........ Good luck fellow, let us know how you get on!!!!!!!

It's not there!! Major disappointment. So tomorrow it should come...

How was was the assessment?

Patience Ben! Let's hope good things come to those who wait on this occasion.

It's arrived. I am more than a little bummed out by it. So much so that I used the term bummed out. Not used that phrase since the 80s.

I will post it a bit later. If you guys with assessor experience could highlight the mark losing areas I would be grateful. The positives are kinda odd also.

Bit of squash first!

Last edited:
I might be new to this, but he marked you as a 'no' on recognising challenges that endangered the safety of an opponent, but in his comments there is no reference to anything that relates to that?

Personally I'd be quite pleased with that one.

Positioning is something we are always working on, and opinions on 'best' positions will vary from assessor to assessor. Also, the 'N' for challenges that endanger could be that he has a lower tolerance level than you, but just something to keep in mind for future matches.

The only thing he mentioned after the match was the corner, he was happy with everything else.

It's the tackles which endanger safety which is annoying me. Looks to me like he believes there were no such tackles, but there were 2 cautions for reckless play. I cannot get that he thinks I missed any as he has not mentioned it anywhere?

It's the tackles which endanger safety which is annoying me. Looks to me like he believes there were no such tackles, but there were 2 cautions for reckless play. I cannot get that he thinks I missed any as he has not mentioned it anywhere?
I've read it as there not being any, only reckless challenges hence the cautions. This isn't a negative as you haven't had to demonstrate the ability to recognise them - they didn't happen.

There are many positives and the development areas are very, very minor polish to, from the look of it, a good performance.

Just noticed the mark is not on it got chopped off in my editing - It came back as a 7.9

I am not sure what the pass mark is for this grade

4A-3B you need 7.5 so 7.9 is a pass :)
Also, contact DR about the 'tackles endangering an opponents safety', the assessor said 'No' so should be giving advice about it if there were none in the game it should be 'n/a'. That's very misleading...

I have sent him an email yesterday asking for clarification. Will ring him monday if he doesn't get back to me.

Back