A&H

1st Middle of the Season - Yay!

MattyontheWhistle

RefChat Addict
Te Puke Utd vs Papamoa on Saturday.

Lower level league, not the greatest players (last week I was running a line with an ex-All White striker playing), and one of the teams is definately a 'beer and ciggie at half time' kinda team.

I reffed this fixture last year, no cards and some good banter, and enjoyable game, but was penultimate game of the season, and neither side had anything to play for.

This is the 2nd round of the league, and both teams won their first games - Te Puke 5-3, and Papamoa 4-1.

Should be a good game!

The Referee Store
Well, there ya have it:

Fixture actually got switched so Papamoa were home team, bit less of a drive for me :).

Fairly even first half, but Papamoa went into break 2-0 up thanks to a couple of superb goals, both from edge of box, both by #17.

30secs into 2nd half, Te Puke grab one back, and I'm thinking 'here we go, this could be a cracker!' but was all Papamoa from then on. 75th minute, Papa player gets clipped a couple of times just outside the corner of the box, but he stays on his feet - #17 is charging into the box at the other side. i raise my arms, shout "Advantage", the ball was perfect and he slots it away for his hat trick.

Finished 3-1 for Papamoa, and I eagerly await the report from the assessor who was there today.

Back