A&H

2 Watches

ReferC

Hi

As a new ref I’ve been sorting my kit. I think I’ve got just about everything apart from the watches now.

I’ve spent a long time looking through the forum and the out and out recommendation on a watch is the Casio rft-100. The problem is, I can’t find one anywhere!

Can anybody recommend a place to buy the watch in the UK? The vibrating one, not the beeping one for obvious reasons.

Alternatively, can anybody recommend a close alternative if it is genuinely not available anywhere?

I’d also be looking for a second watch which will just continually run throughout the match, but one that ideally also has GPS/distance tracking facilities without having to be connected to a phone. So stopwatch capability, GPS/tracking, will last a good few hours, and ideally not too expensive.

Perfect world = a budget of circa £200 for both.

I know that this is a common question so apologies in advance, but I genuinely have searched the forum and everybody keeps recommending the Casio which I can’t find anywhere!

Thanks in advance!

The Referee Store
You’ll have a job finding an rft-100 as they’ve been discontinued for some time.

I’d also be looking for a second watch which will just continually run throughout the match, but one that ideally also has GPS/distance tracking facilities without having to be connected to a phone.

Fitbit Ionic?

Well, any of the smart watches will do I suppose. There's a good market for them available. If you're interested in using Refsix though, I think that's exclusive to Apple and Android watches at the moment.

The 'dumb' watch, you could get away with a cheap one tbh, all you need is the stopwatch after all so no need to break the bank, especially if you're getting a smartwatch as the second.

If you are a new ref i would recomend the Spintso ref watch pro its cheap £76 a lot of elite referees use it! Its really simple as well.

If you are a new ref i would recomend the Spintso ref watch pro its cheap £76 a lot of elite referees use it! Its really simple as well.
Bit steep for a new ref IMO, learn your craft before spending silly money on a gimmick watch!! Reffing may not be for you and you defo won't wear it again on a night out!!!!

I use a tickwatch e they are about £145 when I got it. Use it for ref six and also use it daily. Will also track your fitness on ref six with the heat map. I have a 15 quid casio in my bag also that does the job if I needed it.

I'm in the states. I wear a gshock on my left wrist - straight up stop watch. I wear a garmin 410 on my right in training mode which is a running timer plus GPS. As I check my watches during stoppages especially late in the half, I cant remember ever having missed the end of the half.

Cheap casio watch for my 45 minutes on stopwatch, my running watch set on time as my real time watch to record my distance. 2 more casios in the tin. Well one actually the other one has dissapeared into that closed season bermuda triangle with one of my whistles. I only use a TomTom watch because I run as well.

Cheap casio watch for my 45 minutes on stopwatch, my running watch set on time as my real time watch to record my distance. 2 more casios in the tin. Well one actually the other one has dissapeared into that closed season bermuda triangle with one of my whistles. I only use a TomTom watch because I run as well.

Yep, and me. Two Casios, one stop/start, one no stop (just in case I forget to restart my stopwatch which has never happened ;))

Two of the cheapest casios for me. Not because of the cost, they're just simple and that's what I want. One watch on stopwatch setting, one on normal time. Not bothered about distance covered and all that, I keep myself fairly fit and if I want to cover distance I'll go for a run, reffing isn't physically hard work if you're fit anyway. That's just me though, others will find distance features etc very useful and therefore should go for them

If I wasn't a runner I wouldn't be bothered with a fitness watch but as I have one I use it I also use it as a normal day to day watch as well.

and ..... case in point as to why I wear two. My 20 month old Gshock tough solar has now stopped taking a charge (last one of these watches I had lasted about 8-9 years). I am down to just the Garmin. Time to buy another cheap watch. It didn't die during a match but easily could have.

Back