A&H

Open Age A bad start?

Yampy

RefChat Addict
I awarded a penalty yesterday morning in the 2nd minute. Actually, I noted 1:34 on my watch as the goal was scored so, the penalty may well have been conceded in the 1st minute. Boy, oh boy, these things don't help get the game started in the right manner!

The Referee Store
They moaned a bit and the first caution for dissent came in the 9th minute after they went 3-0 down. After that, I got the (mostly) silent treatment. Only one of their players shook my hand at the end of the game (the keeper) and the manager said nothing when he returned my flag. Oh yeah, they lost 7-2.

I hate it when they don't shake your hand or even speak to you on the final whistle, luckily in our county we have to send off a match report which gives sportsmanship marks to the clubs, attitude towards opponents and respect to you, and that's mark of 1-5, they always get a 1 from me when this happens and a little explanation of why.

That's largely my opinion. They're not required to shake my hand and I would rather them not do if, while they do, they piss and moan about things during the match. Of course when it finishes 7-2, you don't have to take any guff from them as they've likely played a horrible match and can be reminded that only one of the goals could possibly have been your fault.

I awarded a penalty yesterday morning in the 2nd minute. Actually, I noted 1:34 on my watch as the goal was scored so, the penalty may well have been conceded in the 1st minute. Boy, oh boy, these things don't help get the game started in the right manner!

You do realise if you hadn't been there the losing team would have actually won 10-0? :D

Reactions: Kes
I'd love to know whether players who've just been hammered actually believe that the ref has ruined the game?

Personally, I really don't care whether players shake my hand or not; as long as I'm happy with my performance, that's good enough to me. If the players want to behave like children, then that's up to them.

Back