A&H

A Caution, A Red and an Extraordinary report!

HertsFinest

Next Weeks Ref
What a bloomin game. Send off for OFFINABUS (I am reliably told by the 11 players on the team in question that "**** off ref you ****ing *****" is just dissent really!!) followed by the player receiving the red card then approaching me and 2 inches from my face making a W*nker gesture and shouting "you know what ref you really are a f*cking *****)
Lovely!
A Penalty followed by a yellow card for dissent
And then a berating and aggression in the car park from away team for penalty decision in which it was confirmed to me that I am indeed the "worst ref in England" and am "diabolical" and should be suspended! Hence the extra report!

Great morning, ROLL ON NEXT WEEK :D

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Why can't these "experts" in the LOTG just keep their mouths shut? just makes us look bad!

This is why I love this site! It is great to know that however bad people think I am, there are others in the same boat.

Maybe we should swap - "you think I'm bad...I know someone who was told yesterday that he was the worst ref in the world. Shall i get him down for you next week?"

It takes a strong mind to referee. Teams dont realise how much they can crush people with their comments when they seek out to be as nasty as possible. I feel sorry for the 16 year olds going out into OA that have to face some of these lot. Many promising referees leave the game because of these tossers. The RESPECT programme is great in principle, but ultimately more needs to be done to remove certain meat heads from our game.

I always feel like turning round and saying well without us, how the hell would you be able to play football? Braindead. Oh how I love sunday league!

I had a game today when apparently I cost an U11 team 4 goals and thus the game, according to their manager, he wasn't happy and didn't come up to me at the end to shake my hand, some people are pathetic but I'm guessing he won't be voting for me for referee of the year ;)

On the plus side I had a county cup match before this and one of the managers said I was the best ref he's seen all season, and I think he meant it :)

Bloody hell, I've had all mine called off this week - I almost miss the abuse! :p Herts has clearly been following the HarryD guide to refereeing! ;)

@SM quick question, if they were making w*nker symbol and swearing in your face, how come the rose card didnt make more of an appearance?

@SM quick question, if they were making w*nker symbol and swearing in your face, how come the rose card didnt make more of an appearance?

I assume that's directed at me not SM?

The player who got binned was the one who did that. The rest of his team were tolerable so only one red possible.

Ah i do apologise, the new look of the forum has make me make the mistake, lucky footy pitches are the same eh? :D

Had me wondering what on earth I had been posting then Steve C!!

I have this season sent a player off for making an offensive hand gesture from 10 yards away when I gave a penalty against him. He later informed me he had made the gesture, but not at me! At an opponent!

He thought that made a difference, bless 'Im.

Yeah I love that.

I wouldn't send off normally for it but the CFA don't care.

"Thanks for telling me it wasn't aimed a me fella, I will change two words in my report before I send it off then. What a bummer making me do all that extra work!"

Its amazing how every time they think if its not aimed at ref its OK so tell you they were talking about someone else.

Especially great when they say "**** off ref you ****" and still say "oh no I wasn't talking about you ref" :D

Cant remember what thread it was mentioned... But could you imagine if we actually did manage to organise a strike.

Im sure the Respect program would receive a welcome boost when they realise football wouldnt happen without us basically volunteering our time to do so.

Back