A&H

A potential problem...

Aled

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
My match this weekend is at a pitch on a high level and is often subject to bad fog/mist, when do you call it unsuitable to play, how much of the pitch do you need to be able to see? Or as it's a council park do you go off what the council say?

The Referee Store
if the council say it's off it's off. insurance reasons mainly would be the reason why.
i find if you stand at one set of posts and look across, if you cannot see the other then you can't play. IMO

Arran's right, you really need to see both goalkeepers from wherever you are, so if there's a fight you can see it!

Also the players' kit may be a similar style and fog washes the colours away, so stripes look the same (past experience!)

Ok, thanks guys. Looking at the weather it'll probably be off anyway

I have my first practical day on my basic referee course on Saturday. Im hearing theres going to be rain or snow though. Fog would make the situation even better :(

Thing is are grounds in Berks and Bucks calling off for a drops of rain, in Swansea where I am based games are often off for a bit of rain

Arran's right, you really need to see both goalkeepers from wherever you are, so if there's a fight you can see it
With the teams playing there very well could be a fight in the game, never had a mass confrontation before :/ so hopefully not this weekend :)

I have my first practical day on my basic referee course on Saturday. Im hearing theres going to be rain or snow though. Fog would make the situation even better :(
Really? I've got my course in Berks & Bucks in Didcot on Wednesday. Where abouts are you? :)

Back