A&H

A temporary goodbye...

DanCohen17

Simply The Best
Guys

Just wanted to let you know that following the news I received today from The FA (I've been removed from Level 4) I will be taking a sabbatical from all things refereeing. This includes RefChat.

I have a meeting with my coach in 10 days time and I'm not thinking about refereeing at all between now & then. With this in mind, I'm going to be avoiding this site for a while.

Hope you all continue to enjoy the site and play nice!

In the words of Arnie, I'll be back :D

The Referee Store
Dan,

Very sorry to hear this mate. All I will say is that don't rush into anything silly, saying you will give up refereeing for good for example. You have worked so hard and put so much effort into where you are now, would be a shame to throw it away!

The advice and knowledge you provide in here is great, and shows you have to credentials of a very good referee. Of course, there will always be knockbacks, as with anything in life, but its up to you to make the most of it, learn from it and go again. I have no reservation in saying that I'm sure you will be back to level 4 in no time. Youth is on your side!

Enjoy your sabbatical though, and I imagine it will get you raring to go by the end of it!

Don't be a stranger mate, ive no doubt youll be back to it in no time :)

Sorry to hear about this, I hope you manage to sort things out and are soon back onto the forum :)

Just been reading up on what this means for dan. A full season at level 5 and one or two other hoops to jump through before the possibility of a nomination back to level 4. Then, if he's nominated, another season at level 4 before reaching the point that he's just reached.

Two years to get back to where he was five minutes ago sounds way to slow

I can understand why he feels so gutted

Good luck with your meet, dan

Just been reading up on what this means for dan. A full season at level 5 and one or two other hoops to jump through before the possibility of a nomination back to level 4. Then, if he's nominated, another season at level 4 before reaching the point that he's just reached.

Two years to get back to where he was five minutes ago sounds way to slow

I can understand why he feels so gutted

Good luck with your meet, dan

Personally i think it's a good system as it allows a referee chance to reflect, regroup and recover, ready to push forward with their career.

Without knowing, or wishing to know, the specifics in Dan's case, generally speaking a demotion from level 4 would indicate that the referee has not had a successful season at that level. Therefore it is only right they are given time to assimilate any learning points that may have arisen and time to implement those into their game before returning to level 4.
To push them straight back up after only a few games would achieve little.

Good luck Dan, and i wish you all the best for a successful return to your previous level.

Back