A&H

Abused... By a fellow ref

@Phonesurgeon
It's really important to know who your 'team officials' are prior to KO
This ref sounds like he's merely an 'outside agent', in which case it's just noise (only prejudicial comments must get our attn. and be reported etc.)
The other thing, in my experience, is that unless you follow the dismissal procedure correctly, it's likely the chap will get off with any offence, if he claims mis-identity etc.
This is not about the football bodies, it is about the refereeing body. If they let the chap to get away with it when there is photographic evidence taken at the location (and witnesses they can call on from the home team), they are just as bad as the footballing bodies full of words but no action when comes to dealing referee abuse.

I honestly find this very hard to believe that someone who has been a referee for say at least 4-5 years and had to start out as a L7 referee at one point and learn the ropes could act this way.

The Referee Store
If you’re wearing kit and shin guards in my game you’re a player, nothing more at that particular time. And you’ll be treated the same as everyone else.

I was/am no angel when playing. I’ll push my luck, but know where the line is and don’t cross it. Only once have I ever come close (having felt particularly hard done by with a twice taken penalty) but promptly subbed myself off as I realised in time.

Comes down simply to you would t accept it directed at yourself, so why is it acceptable to do it to

How would a referee with that kind of attitude gets to as high as level 4 is beyond me.

A number of years ago we had a report from a junior referee (minor) that a senior referee was being abusive as an spectator from the side line and was trying to intimidate him. After the game the 'spectator' followed the referee to the change room and yelled stuff like 'you shouldn't be a referee' at him. There reason the ref knew the spectator was a referee, get this, he did all that while wearing a referee uniform.

The referees committee investigated this and found it was a registered referee who was also a member of the club the game was being played at and his son was playing at that particular game (he was going to referee a game in a nearby field after that game). Suffice to say he chose to resign as a referee before a hearing. The matter was reported to the football body but no action was taken against him.

I 'know' of a level 3/4 with exactly that attitude. He is/was also a manager of an Isthmian Under 18s side and I have had the 'pleasure' of officiating on a couple of his team's games - absolute nightmare.

This is not about the football bodies, it is about the refereeing body. If they let the chap to get away with it when there is photographic evidence taken at the location (and witnesses they can call on from the home team), they are just as bad as the footballing bodies full of words but no action when comes to dealing referee abuse.

I honestly find this very hard to believe that someone who has been a referee for say at least 4-5 years and had to start out as a L7 referee at one point and learn the ropes could act this way.
Yeh, I mean I wasn't commenting on the culprit's behaviour. That's obviously something to be dismayed by
I was just highlighting the importance of knowing whose who before KO and the need to follow proper process. No aspersions being cast in the direction of @Phonesurgeon , just comments based on things I've learned are important

Yeh, I mean I wasn't commenting on the culprit's behaviour. That's obviously something to be dismayed by
I was just highlighting the importance of knowing whose who before KO and the need to follow proper process. No aspersions being cast in the direction of @Phonesurgeon , just comments based on things I've learned are important

Agree and you only learn how 'important' when something goes wrong. You think two people standing on the 'wrong' side of pitch perimeter isn't a 'problem' until they do indeed become one. Had it myself when on benchside duties and although it was obviously them being the ****holes and not me, it was my fault for letting them stand there, near, but not 'with' the bench personnel in the first place.

Agree and you only learn how 'important' when something goes wrong. You think two people standing on the 'wrong' side of pitch perimeter isn't a 'problem' until they do indeed become one. Had it myself when on benchside duties and although it was obviously them being the ****holes and not me, it was my fault for letting them stand there, near, but not 'with' the bench personnel in the first place.
Very much so... all lessons learned stem from mistakes or bad experiences!

@Justylove
I had 0 impact on the 7-0 defeat, I only whistled 6 fouls (very minor stuff, not worth of even having a word), 2 offside oh and the various kick off and start/end. Like I said before I welcome constructive feedback, or like you said pointers, but on this game I struggle to find anything. Saying that perhaps positioning, as got "caught out" a couple time with the long balls.
@Big Cat
I'll let CFA deal with the discipline side, I don't want to speculate. Morally, what he did is wrong, likewise in haste my decision is technically wrong, so we'll see what comes out of it.
@GraemeS
After all that I had a nice little chat with home manager about crowd control, and to my dismay he didn't know anything about it. Calmly explained it, he thanked me. Hopefully he'll remember for next home game.

Back