A&H

ARG v CRO

Joshref

RefChat Addict
Thoughts on the first half penalty? ITV not happy with it at HT but I'm in agreement with the ref (and in agreement with Peter Walton for once)

The Referee Store
I thought (for once) the pundits were just getting on with it and going to chat about the football... instead they appear to have set off on a crusade against what (to me) seems a pretty easy decision.

Penalty.

Of course it's a pen. What on earth are the pundits talking about. He's flicked it past the keeper, so he can then fire it home...but the keeper has wiped him out

It’s a penalty, every day of the week and every week of the year!

It sums up the quality of most TV pundits in this country (and especially on ITV) where they simply can’t understand how they are wrong even after having it explained to them

Penalty, am surprised that was even going to be debated, let alone as forcibly as it was.

Be interested to hear from referees that agree with the pundits.

Easy PK, Orsato the perfect ref to handle the hotheads on this pitch. Would have made a great candidate for the final too.
Great to see Kovacic actually booked for dissent

Felt second hand embarrassment listening to Neville and Wright arguing about the penalty.

It was a stone-waller.

Surely we all agree thats a clear penalty, if not then I’ll have to question every single decision I ever make again. How all 3 of them in the studio claimed thats not a penalty is mind blowing. All 3 so experienced as well.

ITV's football coverage in a nutshell, embarrassing!

Presenter Marc Purgatch - "Controversial incident"... WTAF?!!! Nothing controversial about the decision, keeper got nothing of the ball and wiped out the attacker.

Absolutely clear penalty, no idea what they were talking about. And fair play to Sam Matterface, Lee Dixon and Ally McCoist for disagreeing with them after half time, and Karen Carney after the game.

Almost feels like the crew in the studio at half time had been asked to cause controversy when it didn't exist.

Absolutely clear penalty, no idea what they were talking about. And fair play to Sam Matterface, Lee Dixon and Ally McCoist for disagreeing with them after half time, and Karen Carney after the game.

Almost feels like the crew in the studio at half time had been asked to cause controversy when it didn't exist.
Roy yes but you wouldnt usually say that about Nev. I just found it so strange that all 3 of them agreed it wasnt a penalty. The fact not a single player or GK argued with the decision tells us all we need to know.

I guarantee that if either of them had burst into the box and nudged it past the keeper like that when they were playing, they would have been screaming for a pen

Roy yes but you wouldnt usually say that about Nev. I just found it so strange that all 3 of them agreed it wasnt a penalty. The fact not a single player or GK argued with the decision tells us all we need to know.
Especially Ian Wright, who would have been incandescent with rage if that had been him taken out and he hadn't got a penalty.

It is just the UK sports media following the news media in trying to cause controversy, or rather sensationalism, at every possible opportunity. On the news yesterday the reporter said that it had been the coldest weather for such a long time, since, then paused for effect, and said February. I was expecting a year to be added, but no, it was February this year, so the coldest weather for 9 months. I honestly think the studio pundits were asked to offer an alternative viewpoint to make up some controversy.

I guarantee that if either of them had burst into the box and nudged it past the keeper like that when they were playing, they would have been screaming for a pen

BTW remember the Newcastle goal against Spurs when Lloris gets the ball and got ran into? Everyone was saying the keeper needs to be stronger? I wondered why when the keeper is late the consensus is PK but when the GK gets the ball first and the attacker runs into him it was "needs to be stronger"?

I didn't know what they were talking about at half time. I'd been flicking channels so assumed I'd missed a different penalty incident

Back