A&H

ARS v CIT

george.g

Level 5 Referee
Thoughts on that first half for anyone watching.

I only picked up the last few minutes, but commentary seems to suggest that Taylor kept his cards away for a few fouls, as well as what I believe was a time wasting yellow?

The Referee Store
Great game for refereeing, three rare occurrences!

Yellow card for Walker, re-entering field of play without referee permission after leaving for injury.

Yellow card for Edison for time wasting in 37th minute. Brilliant set up by Taylor, warned captain, text book.

Edison wipes out Nketiah after he gets shot away, penalty. (No second yellow).

Great half from Taylor. 👏

Well I am fuming at 2 absolute outliers of decisions. You want to book ederson for time wasting? OK, don't choose today to get tough after 30 mins, seen hours wasted at city this year without issue. The pen...nah...never...not a single person expected it or wanted it. Strange decision...never seen anything like that given

Well I am fuming at 2 absolute outliers of decisions. You want to book ederson for time wasting? OK, don't choose today to get tough after 30 mins, seen hours wasted at city this year without issue. The pen...nah...never...not a single person expected it or wanted it. Strange decision...never seen anything like that given
city fan by any chance?

I think Taylor has been a delight to watch. Can’t say I’ve ever seen a caution for re-entering without permission before

Edited to reflect the correctly supported team

I know you’re a city fan, but from what we’re seeing, all these yellows that are ‘outliers’ are pushing to become a norm it feels. With new direction at PGMOL, I wouldn’t be surprised if we see heavier sanctions for these more ‘technical?’ offences.

Clear penalty, excellent decision, where the ball goes after is irrelevant. The fact nobody expected show the players doesn’t know the laws of the game.
No second yellow also an excellent decision. Taylor has been excellent

Taylor had just warned Gundogan about the team wasting time. Ederson then spends an age taking the kick only to then leave it for a defender, that is a red flag to any referee and I would absolutely be getting the yellow out there.

The penalty is clear, he's so late and the contact is so heavy I'm not sure he had a lot of choice.

I've no issue with thr yellow for time wasting, he was asking for it...but Where's the consistency?? It is nowhere...

If contact was so heavy why did no one appeal? Giving it was an absolute surprise to everyone.

I've no issue with thr yellow for time wasting, he was asking for it...but Where's the consistency?? It is nowhere... it’s
I feel like we’re going to see it fall into place over the remainder of this season

Brilliant so let's choose the biggest game of the season to start doing it. Sure as hell weren't bothering when martinez was taking 30/40 seconds over goal kicks sunday

I'll leave it for now...all i want is consistency...which with the pen and the time wasting hasn't been evident not only this season but also as long as I can remember. Second half it is...

Zero issue with the time wasting booking in principle, but you can’t just give it in 1 game. For years and years I’ve watched teams waste time at the Etihad from minute 1 and all that happens is a few token warnings followed by an 89th minute booking for the keeper.

Same for the penalty. They should be given more, but if this is in isolation then it’s poor.

If this is the start of a trend, great, but if not City will (rightly) be angry about it.

Tomiyasu just been booked for coming up the line on a throw in? That’s what the offence seemed to be. Interesting

Back