A&H

Article on refereeing in today's Times newspaper

lincs22

Supply League Observer
Staff member
Observer/Tutor
Has anybody seen the detail of the article under the banner?

If so, what is its contents as it is hidden behind a "pay wall".

_80432982_times_22jan_twitter.jpg

The Referee Store
I believe I have this paper (if its Thursdays) at work somewhere. Was it printed in the paper or just online?:)

I haven't read all of it but it is about a van in the Netherlands that you can apparently referee from I think. Something to do with more video technology.

Would the FA insist on the van having to be black in colour, whereas other other FAs, UEFA and FIFA would permit different colours?

And would the van have to travel to and from all EPL games with the other officials?

LOTG - Law 18 The Van

Qualities and measurements
The van is:
??

Replacement of a defective van
If the van becomes defective during the course of a match:
??

Let's give FIFA a head start on this new Law.

Would the FA insist on the van having to be black in colour, whereas other other FAs, UEFA and FIFA would permit different colours?

And would the van have to travel to and from all EPL games with the other officials?

The van would automatically block Ed Sheeran songs as not to lead clatters to temptation but deliver him from Newcastle

Interesting article.

Van Ref only "advises", final call is with the man in the middle & is only used for key decisions, red cards, penalties and goal incidents.

Says that close calls will still be close calls, so won't end all debate and its up to match ref to ask van ref for help - no manager challenges.

Interesting that they have found that the more inexperienced the ref, the more they have asked van ref for advice.

They are hoping to get go ahead from FIFA to officially trial the system next season. It will be on agenda of next Laws meeting very end of Feb.

Back