A&H

Assistant help

RLB

Hi everyone! Have my first game in the middle with qualified assistants tonight, I think I remember most things bust could someone give me a list of things to brief them before the game?

Many Thanks

Ryan

A&H International
Given that time is short ....

Work up the field briefing on the pitch before team sheet exchange. Goal Kicks, Throw Ins, Fouls & Misconduct, Offsides, Penalties, Mass Confrontations & Match Record

Then do a warm up

Then, before getting the teams out, logistics like Kit Check, Net Check, Coin Toss, Respect Handshake etc

Reactions: RLB
All of the above .....but don't forget to add any personal bits to suit the way you referee a game '

For instance ...One of mine is ..."if I give an Advantage please note the player who made the tackle as I am likely to forget "

That kind of thing ? ;)

Reactions: RLB
Thanks for the advise, i used it all! and definitely helped! :)

Found the game quite challenging but i enjoyed it and felt i did well, my assistants, one which was a level 5 praised me for the decisions i made and how i refereed the game. I had to dismiss the away manager from the technical area in the second half, he was abusive and swearing throughout the game, i gave him a clear warning just after the second half. 10 minutes later a decision went against him, he said " oh f**k off ref", as i walked over he was already walking to the stands as he knew he was off!

Just finished my first misconduct report! :)

Back