A&H

Assistant's Touchline Flags

Touchline Flags

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kes

I'll Decide ...
I have a decent pair of almost pristine flags that I dish out only to properly qualified neutral assistants as and when the occasion arises, and a cheap and nasty pair that I use week in week out to give to Club Assistants rather than my nice ones. :D
Just curious, how many of you out there do the same?
If not, why not? :)

The Referee Store
Ive a set of evrocom's that I use most wks

And a set of touch line (non-buzzer) that I use now and again for when I'm on my own (club assistants)

I've always kept my decent set purely for use by NARs ever since one of my previous set got broken by a CAR who was trying to save himself from having to run 5 yards(!) to get the ball so walloped it with my flag as it went out of play. He didn't even apologise for it, and seemed to think it was funny.
I bought a new good set and have a set I bought in Sports Direct for about £3.99. They're currently on the website at £7, so are a bit over-priced for what they are. If I use CARs, which I tend not to do anyway, then I give them these which I wouldn't mind getting broken.

I haven't had a neutral assistant do the same thing yet but there's still time!

Same I have a pair of cheap and cheerful flags bought from China at the walloping price of £1.94 and use these week in and week out. I have also a second pair of flags cheap and cheerful, received the waterproof cloth and made sticks with a plastic pole.
And a set of proper flag for when I have NAR's (once as both referee watching their kids)

Just bought a pair of second hand Touchline (rubber handled) flags on eBay for £37 including postage. They will be pristine by the time I had them out (May?) to any Club AR. I will report any Club AR who damages or abuses them.

Just bought a pair of second hand Touchline (rubber handled) flags on eBay for £37 including postage. They will be pristine by the time I had them out (May?) to any Club AR. I will report any Club AR who damages or abuses them.

Well that's all well and good Mr H, but this thread has a poll and you need to cast your vote Sir. Come on now..... ;)

Not taking that chance, the Saturday league here is full of chavs, give them a flag and they feel important, ignore them and the flags gets it. One of them spat on my flags before hand them back in front of me.

Most of the time when I have CAR's they either give the flag to their kid or just put it on the floor and forget about it so I just use some cheap crapy ones, Although I do have a set of non buzzer touchlines for if I ever get NAR's but I haven't used them yet.

When a decent set (I have the Touchline rubber handled set) costs abut £40, I'm not that fussed if they get broken. If they are damaged by a CAR, they are getting the report and the bill for replacement, as happened two seasons ago.

I have a spare set of flags, but they are cheap and nasty and to be honest I like to look half professional and would only hand these out in an emergency.

I'm "other" - home team has to provide flags on the leagues that I do (although I do have a mid-range set for NARs or hiring out to teams that have forgotten to bring their own).

I have one set of cheap and cheerful flags which I got on my refs course that I dish out to CARs.

The home teams are supposed to supply them on the leagues I officiate on, but that's only happened once.

Back