A&H

Assualt !!!

Ciley Myrus

RefChat Addict
Barca v Athletico.....astonishing scenes......nobody be amazed to hear Costa off after 26 mins

Closest thing to live assault on a ref I seen for years !!!

bye bye !!!!!

The Referee Store
OFFINABUS for sure, but I really disliked how At. Madrid players swarmed the ref and at least two of their players grabbed the referee's arms etc. He produced two further cautions in that melee but I'm not sure if that was for dissent or for the unwarranted touching.

Yes am watching it on and off at work and assualt is prob a bit dramatic!
The ref was def grabbed far too much there and that would be horrific Sunday League tomorrow.
Will need to see it again but am sure could justify a red somewhere to someone for manhandling ref, and thats from me, who is not in the ref cannot be touched camp.

Tv said that he insulted the referees mother. Analysts seem to be suggesting that the ad should've gone yellow which is disappointing

Indeed cos if you insulted Souness or Keane or whoevers mother, they would be very calm and decent about it am sure!!

Haha. It's Graham Hunter on Elevensports who's very good and rational usually. I think they're just disappointed that such a huge game and a good one will now turn into an attack v defence exercise. They're trying to convince themselves that the ref could've shown a yellow for the benefit of the game but deep down im sure they must know that abuse like that must mean red

To be fair to Hunter he's thought about it and now said that Costa knew the law and deserved his red and although its a shame for the game and la liga, the ref was correct

All I can say about it after watching it is WELL DONE REF. You can see Costa getting in his face even after the sending off and he does it to refs all the time. You could say that he is bullying the match officials. But I am very happy that this referee stood up to him and issued the red. Fantastic refereeing.

Barca v Athletico.....astonishing scenes......nobody be amazed to hear Costa off after 26 mins

Closest thing to live assault on a ref I seen for years !!!

bye bye !!!!!
live assault? by who? Costa grabbed the ref's arms, but after he was sent. Pity Saul wasn't sent for repeatedly pushing the ref.

Nice to see a top tier referee remembers that OFFINABUS is a RC offence

And the referee has now confirmed the reports in his official match report.

'In the 28th minute the player Diego Da Silva Costa was sent off for the following motive: he shouted loudly at me the following words: 'I s*** on your w**** mother, I s*** on your w**** mother.

20 game ban for me!!!

And the referee has now confirmed the reports in his official match report.

'In the 28th minute the player Diego Da Silva Costa was sent off for the following motive: he shouted loudly at me the following words: 'I s*** on your w**** mother, I s*** on your w**** mother.

20 game ban for me!!!
Slap on the wrists, 3 to 5 games out depending on the tv commercial profile of upcoming fixtures

Cantona kicks a fan and gets 6 months, is this any different or even worse???
Well yes, Cantonas is much worse. I’m surprised that needs explanation really.

It’ll be an extended ban but we probably need to calm down on how far it goes in comparison to actual assaults

Reactions: JH
So we give a three game ban for a RC foul and double it if their are any racial elements to it!

Then we give a three game ban for OFFINABUS but because it’s only the referee and his mother then that’s ok??

Send out a message, massive ban!

Back