A&H

Attempted punch on parent Linesman

A&H International
And what was the final outcome, after such a long time.Was the attempted assault on yourself?
It was on myself, and the club concerned were fined (presumably passed on to the individual), not sure exactly how much as I can't remember. He claimed to be a level 3 ref himself, so he got a ban from officiating, although it was found he wasn't an active ref so doesn't mean anything.

It was on myself, and the club concerned were fined (presumably passed on to the individual), not sure exactly how much as I can't remember. He claimed to be a level 3 ref himself, so he got a ban from officiating, although it was found he wasn't an active ref so doesn't mean anything.
I am a judge in amateur boxing as well ,in Amateur boxing if any boxer attempts to attack a Referee or actually attacks a Referee, they are banned for life.The FA need to bring tougher laws in .There are too many Referees leaving Grassroots football.

I am a judge in amateur boxing as well ,in Amateur boxing if any boxer attempts to attack a Referee or actually attacks a Referee, they are banned for life.The FA need to bring tougher laws in .There are too many Referees leaving Grassroots football.
I agree with this. I wasn't going to let one person stop me though - I spent too much on the course/kit and bothered my parents with my Premier League aspirations for too many years to justify quitting! It's the same with life bans in cricket, if you get dismissed for a Level 4 offence by the umpire (eg violence or threatened violence) the starting point for the ban is 10 matches (first offence) but any physical contact with the umpire normally gets years to life.

I agree with this. I wasn't going to let one person stop me though - I spent too much on the course/kit and bothered my parents with my Premier League aspirations for too many years to justify quitting! It's the same with life bans in cricket, if you get dismissed for a Level 4 offence by the umpire (eg violence or threatened violence) the starting point for the ban is 10 matches (first offence) but any physical contact with the umpire normally gets years to life.
Good to hear you did not give up maybe the FA need to meet with other Government bodies to see how they deal with violence towards officials.

Back