A&H

Best advantages you've played

The Referee Store
Was it a good advantage?

As I've tried (and obviously failed!;)) to explain, the player did come away with the ball but as in a "populated" part of the field AND in his own half, obviously not an advantage that was leading to an attacking opportunity - which is the point the assessor was making I believe.

Yes , as a general answer ...but its a have to be there thing I suppose ? standard of players , temperature of match , conditions etc .....

But if an advantage you give breaks down 30 yards from goal it can cause you no end of grief so Generally ......the nearer the foul is to the "fouled " teams goal the less chance you should be playing an advantage if that makes any sense?

Yes , as a general answer ...but its a have to be there thing I suppose ? standard of players , temperature of match , conditions etc .....

But if an advantage you give breaks down 30 yards from goal it can cause you no end of grief so Generally ......the nearer the foul is to the "fouled " teams goal the less chance you should be playing an advantage if that makes any sense?

Thanks, yes it does.

Very happy this morning; played two advantages leading to a goal in my academy game. They were pretty straightforward, but very pleasing nonetheless.

What I have a problem with is catching the players number/face who deserves a caution for a foul but wanting to play advantage am looking to see if play will develop, so end up taking my eye of said player and running with play so can't distinguish player after

What I have a problem with is catching the players number/face who deserves a caution for a foul but wanting to play advantage am looking to see if play will develop, so end up taking my eye of said player and running with play so can't distinguish player after

Even better when the teams don't have numbers on their shirts!

Assuming they do have numbers on the shirts, as you play advantage, shout the player's number (take that second to look for it) and that you 'want' him in a minute. When the ball's dead, whistle him in to you!

Sorry to be a little off topic, but didnt want to start a new thread...

But when you dont give advantage (in my example this weekend, its because the challenges were very qualickly escalating, so I put an end to it), I got such an ear bashing.

Even though he was still surrounded by opposition and was on the half way line, he was under the impression he was about to turn and play the ultimate through ball, leading to a goal.

Would you, in that instance, just say something like "Challenges are getting a little silly, lets calm things down", because thats what I *DID* say - which only seem to annoy them more!

'Sorry bud, maybe I was a tad quick on the whistle. I'll look next time to play it. Have the FK now and let's go' - all said in a very empathetic way!

Under 17's match keeper comes running out of his box to intercept attacker some 6 yards outside box, attacker swerves round keeper who then proceeds to pull his sleeve momentarily putting the attacker off his stride but doesn't go down,so i shouted "advantage play on" with waving arms
Keeper stranded some 3 yards outside his box and attacker scores with ease.Said to keeper "if he'd gone down you'd be off" .... oh i did yellow him though.

Back