A&H

Best electronic flags?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waste of money unless you are in the professional game.......

Learn the craft properly instead of relying on gadgets.

Semi-agree, I think they can be used before getting to the professional game, but certainly not before level 3. At that level you'll be working with at least semi-competent assistants every game and should be capable of using buzzers.

That said, when I was at L3 I always did 1 in every 4 games without the buzzers to make sure I didn't become reliant on them.

The Referee Store
Hello all,

I'm interested in hearing the opinions on 3 beeper flags.

First one is the ervocom's- obviously one of the best from what I've read yet very pricey.
Second is the signal bip- Less pricey but not sure how great... Don't have too much experience with them either.
The third is the RefsCall- Have heard good and bad about these but would like a bit more info.

FYI, I am in the states and mainly do high-level youth as both a center and AR.

Also, if anyone is willing to part with their Ervocom's or SignalBip I'm willing to pay for the international shipping on top of the price!
I'm from NZ and electronic flags are a waste of money and we are told to buy a comms setinstaed of beepflags. If I'm honest it's easier to talk to an AR all the time rather than wait for a beep. And with electronic flags you need to use them at a low level to get use to them and stop "waiting for a beep" and also I've been told if your going to get them do it when your put in a team that you'll stay in or be in most the time so you and those ARS get use to using them and your way as opposed to another referees way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back