A&H

Best ground / team reffed

Victoria Stadium, Gibraltar.
Between St Joseph's and Gibraltar Utd. Very, very skillful players and made me despise the Spanish FA.

The Referee Store
Controversial opinion: I hate academy games. Yes, the players are very skilful and by any measure they're the "best" teams I've reffed/lined to. But the games are soooooo dull - endless passing that goes nowhere, possession, practically silence from the players and nothing from the sidelines.

I love them. Had one on Saturday and I'd say it was probably one of the best games I've ever done. Was at million miles an hour.

Done quite a few this season

Shall I expand that I'm probably the only one that's done a big ground without Lino's.... who needs them anyway! :D

Paris Cup or Iber Cup?

If not....EXPLAIN?!?
Madrid Sur Cup 2014. Some referees didn't turn up so they needed the U12 competition manning. I did two games, one of which involved Atletico Madrid U12. Also refereed Firenze (offshoot of Fiorentina) and Bielo-Bialska (Polish 2nd Division runners-up in 1982).

Expand...
Basically the political football that was played with a nation and prevented some very gifted players the opportunity the chance to play for their country against the best in the world.
I gave the Gibraltar FA the rather open point that, using the Spanish argument, the English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish FAs would have to play under a GB banner and that the political game that was being played meant that the Spanish FA were being influenced by the Government (a strict no-no within FIFA rules). With the long interference, Spain would forfeit every single competition they'd ever entered.

But it was unbelievable, the border was fine. The nearer you got to Madrid, the more disgusting the language that was used.

Best ground The Emirates, although that wasn't a competitive game. For a competitive game I'd say Loftus Road just pips Vicarage Road.

Best team is probably Luton Town in the year they won the Conference to get back to the Football League.

Too right about Loftus Road!:D

Basically the political football that was played with a nation and prevented some very gifted players the opportunity the chance to play for their country against the best in the world.
I gave the Gibraltar FA the rather open point that, using the Spanish argument, the English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish FAs would have to play under a GB banner and that the political game that was being played meant that the Spanish FA were being influenced by the Government (a strict no-no within FIFA rules). With the long interference, Spain would forfeit every single competition they'd ever entered.

But it was unbelievable, the border was fine. The nearer you got to Madrid, the more disgusting the language that was used.
I expand every close off season? Way too political for here.

Best Ground: Craven Cottage, Barry Hayles came on to play at the age of 42 (He's still faster than most). You haven't lived until you've seen Barry Hayles booked for dissent. It was a staff game though, although Kit Symmons was watching. Top bloke, really nice chap.

I've also done games at Whyteleafe, Carshalton, Sutton United, Raynes Park Vale and Banstead. I'm due to be at Molesy next month.

Best Team: In terms of ranking, probably AFC Wimbledon Under 23's. Although it was a fairly uneventful friendly.

Best ground is the Hawthorns (not the one that springs to mind first) Brigg Town FC's ground. Done about 5 finals on their and a couple of other games... not much prestiege around it. I've been to better changing rooms in local county league games.
Best team is probably Scunthorpe United U16's, very well organised but not even that good really. Either that or a team from the Lincs League, maybe Hykeham or Lincoln Moorlands Railway (who I'm on today) albeit that's on the line.

No teams of note other than some ryman development sides.

So far the best stadium/ground has been at Chatham Town, however i am due to be running the line at Maidstone Uniteds place for a league cup final next month.

Purely for noisy point of view and that it's an interesting subject (to me at least) what's the best ground or team you have reffed a game involving? I know not all of us are Mark clattenburg but I thought there might be some interesting tales out there

Arsenal (Highbury)
Tottenham
Chelsea
QPR
Fulham
Gillingham
Stevenage
Dover

Victoria Stadium, Gibraltar.
Between St Joseph's and Gibraltar Utd. Very, very skillful players and made me despise the Spanish FA.
When i was in Gib there were no grass pitches at all. All football i reffed there was on orange sand.

Ground - Celtic Park (AR for a charity match)
Teams - Rangers v Hibernian U17s (Again, AR). Although I'm due to referee Rangers v Man City U15s next week which should be a very good game.

I was supposed to ref a has-been 56 year old fat bloke who can still put a defender on his backside but the blooming game got re-arranged as his sunday side couldn't get enough numbers.. Booo

Yep, Chris Waddle.. Still not forgiven the Pig though for the goal at Wembley in 1993.....

Back