A&H

BODMAS remembered!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
Click bait but I bite.

This really depends on how you look at things.

A pair of boots is 10. Is one boot 5 or do you still look at it as one item 10?

Same goes with whatever it is wrapped in the newspaper.

Keep in mind, without ( ) you always do the X before the +

So the answer is either
15 (if single item is half the double item)
30 (if an image has the same value no mater how many of it)

And if count the wraps the little man is holding or the boots he is wearing (hard to see on a mobile), that gives you another couple of possible answers.

Last edited:
So you need yo correct your calculation......
My calculations can be correct or incorrect just like your. There are multiple correct answers. The whole point of the quotation is about making people argue.

For example the man (5) wearing boots (10) holding wraps(4) can be either 19 or 200 (eg abc means axbxc) or just a 5 or anywhere in between valuing the little boots and wraps lower proportional to their size.

My calculations can be correct or incorrect just like your. There are multiple correct answers. The whole point of the quotation is about making people argue.

For example the man (5) wearing boots (10) holding wraps(4) can be either 19 or 200 (eg abc means axbxc) or just a 5 or anywhere in between valuing the little boots and wraps lower proportional to their size.
How can that be when there is clearly an operator between relevant elements of the equation and as the man suggests...all about bodmas

How can that be when there is clearly an operator between relevant elements of the equation and as the man suggests...all about bodmas
What number does the image in post #9 represent?

What operator(s) did you use to come up with that number?

You see the guy who designed the ambiguous question has already won because we are arguing over the answer. I wonder if he/Sher is the chief architect in writing the LOTG!

Final calculation should be:

5 + ((5 + 4 + 10) × 2) = 43

My brackets......nothing complex at all, its about identifying the middle person is wearing trainers and carrying two cones of chips( at least I think they're chips)

This proves how useless the mathematics curriculum was in schools as it’s all ridiculous theory that has no practical use.

Now methods for tax return in the other hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back