A&H

boots

Ryan

THE REF
Level 7 Referee
I recently grew out of my Nike tiempos so I need a new pair of boots, but I need them in mouldies as the screw in/metal studs hurt my feet and give me blisters, so I was wondering what people use and what they recommend, any advice would be appreciated...

cheers

A&H International
Depends entirely on budget.

The Nike Tiempos (as used in PL) or the Adidas Copa Mundials (as used in European Competition) are regarded as the best.

Personally, I wear Copa Mundials. They used to be £65 at SportsDirect but, as far as I've been told, are now on sale for around £85.

Cheaper models of Tiempos are comfortable, although not very durable. The Adidas Kaiser 5 range are also decent and look similar to Copa's but are significantly cheaper.

It's a lot about preference though!

Thumbs up for the Kaiser 5. Last pair lasted me 2 seasons, but had to buy another pair of them because grew out of them. Quite good price too at £55.

If your looking a low budget boot that is good quality I got these at the start of the season:

http://m.sportsdirect.com/mt/www.sp..._v_un_info=&un_jtt_v_un_pers=&un_jtt_redirect

I believe the ones in the link are metal studs, however I wear moulded bladed or plastic blades whatever their called. There is a version of them in white and black instead of white black and green, and I think they would go better with a refs kit.

I woupd deffo recommend them mate, great value for money. The next boots I plan to buy will be the Nike premiers, the boots used by refs in the PL:

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/mobile/products/62365.aspx

You might struggle with moulded boots in winter if the ground is wet, try some with slightly larger plastic blades... Just a suggestion

I played and refereed in Nike Tiempo, with the hard plastic moulded soles for a couple of seasons - probably the best boots I've worn. Still use them for really wet, soggy ground as I feel I get a bit more 'bite' from the firmer soles.

Generally I wear Addidas Kaiser 5's now, pretty good when the going is firm underfoot and even on quite hard ground, but I have quite wide feet, and have to go a size up in Addidas - so they are a little long on my feet.

I also have a pair of Nike 'turf boots' for astro turf - but wear them when the ground is like concrete.

As the ground firms up though, I also have a couple of rubber inserts that sit in the heel - bought from Sports Direct - and these really help with the impact. I used to get really sore heels and ankles on hard ground, but these have reduced that immensely.

I wear the Kaiser 5 (8.5) and the old AdiNova (8) just depends on the pitch and which one I wore to coaching in the morning. Both comfy even though the adiNova is tight to put on & they are so comfy but then a bugger to take off haha and with the Kaiser 5 I'm in to my second year of them but I'm getting rid and hoping to buy Pele (bit more vintage) or another pair of Adidas. Not a fan of Nike

Never got on with the Adidas boots as I have flippers for feet, and the tiempos felt like slippers when I put them on. If I started whistling again I'd definitely go straight for tiempos again

thanks for the advice tomorrow I am going into the city centre tomorrow to get some and im thinking copa mundials :)

I'm getting a new pair of boots as well next season they are bladed and can host a chip in the bottom so you know how fast your running on the pitch and combining that I'm getting a forunner watch

If you want boots cheap eBay is a great place to look, I got;
1x new Copa Mundial for £65
1x new Adidas World Cups for £55
1x once used Copa Mundial for £50
All in excellent condition!

Back