A&H

BRC in 2 weeks time

Smudger

Level 3 Referee
Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself, Ryan 27 Years old from North Essex.

I have given up playing after 10 years in Saturday/Sunday leagues and I am really looking forward to getting started on the referee ladder.

I am excited about the course in a few weeks time with Suffolk FA - I have heard that they focus a lot more on the practical elements than the theory during the 3 day course.

Would be great to hear from any other newbies that are excited about getting going or anyone that has sat the course recently and can let me know what to expect.

Look forward to hearing from you all :)

Ryan

The Referee Store
Welcome to the site, enjoy your course and don't forget if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask :D

You'll have to change your moniker, Smudger. it's pure footballer :)

As for concentrating on the practical side, if they're anything like my lot in Sussex, they expect you to do the theory in your own time

You'll have to change your moniker, Smudger. it's pure footballer :)

As for concentrating on the practical side, if they're anything like my lot in Sussex, they expect you to do the theory in your own time

My Moniker? You have lost me already...

moniker = name, i.e. Smudger

not funny when you have to explain it, maybe never was :)

sorry, smudge :)

Hey, if you ever do any games in essex let me know as I have some fsmily in north essex so could drop the missus off with them and come watch you referee a game.

I've just done the BRC Smudger, my only piece of advice would be to read the LOTG cover to cover as many times as you can before hand to learn the basic theory, which will mean you can listen more intently rather than being bamboozled by a ruck of new information.

Welcome to the site by the way, these folks are full of information and only a few of them bite!

Thanks guys for the kind welcome.

I fully expect the odd bit of abuse and I guess it comes with the territory (can't please everyone can you)

I have been revising for a few weeks now and feel fairly comfortable with the laws of the game. Really looking forward to putting it into practice now.

That's
Hey, if you ever do any games in essex let me know as I have some fsmily in north essex so could drop the missus off with them and come watch you referee a game.

That sounds great Dave a very kind offer that I am sure I will take you up on.

The more knowledge I can gain from receiving feedback will I'm sure be invaluable.

Back