A&H

Brentford vs Leeds

Mooseybaby

Retired big bad baldy in all black!
Brentford awarded penalty following VAR review, looks a fair enough decision, but Leeds thought different... 2nd half Leeds attacker gets his shirt almost pulled off his back just outside the Brentford area, continues his run into the area, where the Brentford defender gives him a shove on the shoulder, attacker goes down, but no penalty given. Leeds manager Marsch sensing an injustice has a go at the 4th official and receives a red card for his protests. Must have been something in the air today as almost every PL game seemed to result in some kind of controversy.

The Referee Store
I suspect managers like Tuchel, Klopp, Pep and Conte probably don't get straight reds for dissenting towards an AR.

2m35 very interesting. Looks like it comes off the Brentford's player head, don't think the defenders subsequent header would be classed as a deliberate play.

1662244355325.png

I suspect managers like Tuchel, Klopp, Pep and Conte probably don't get straight reds for dissenting towards an AR.

We don't know what Marsch has said though, it was the 4th official(don't recognise the face so possibly a SG2 referee?) who alerted to the referee about what he said. I have to say, Marsch was very lucky not to get booked during the Everton game, he was constantly moaning at the 4th official, leaving his technical area and yet nothing happens.

European referees do seem far stronger to show managers yellow and at times red cards when they need too than the PL referees

2m35 very interesting. Looks like it comes off the Brentford's player head, don't think the defenders subsequent header would be classed as a deliberate play.
That's how I see it - how does a short range deflected header end up being judged as playing at the ball?

this is not a defend the manager post, he is responsible for his actions

That aside, it simply has to be a penalty kick to Leeds, firstly, its a clear pk, second, no matter what we might like to say on paper, its a perfect opportunity to appear consistent.

Awful not to award the pk real time, esp with the safety net available.
Disgusting however we get there, not to give a pk ( and yellow to defender)

instead, we have a manager dismissed.

Also is the clip of the heels not just outside the penalty area?

Not intetested in the clip on heels, thats a by product

its holding, arms on opponent, and has continued into the area

both the defenders arms are wrapped round the attacker, ending in a push

Qualifying points - Leeds supporter since your grandad was born, used to do 50 games a season (wet Wednesdays at Leicester, etc.), watched yesterday's game through a feed.

Brentford penalty - I don't think they were even debating the award of the penalty but whether Sinisterra's challenge was a genuine attempt to play the ball/SFP. In other words, penalty and caution or penalty and dismissal.

Leeds penalty - should have gone to VAR, for all the reasons listed above. I personally think that Somerville's lurch forward was him trying too hard to convince Rob Jones to award a penalty and he decided not to. Why he didn't go to VAR, I really don't know.

Keith Stroud as 4th official - I know Keith. I've spent a few happy sessions with him and he's got a thick skin. I think he's reported what Marsch has done/said and Rob Jones has made the decision. Jones was the referee for Leeds vs Wolves earlier in the season when he had a decent game. Yesterday I thought he made some unusual decisions.

Koch header for the "offside" goal - couldn't see any touch by the other attacker (Toney?) and Koch clearly got a really good contact on the ball completely changing the direction of the flight.

Marsch - embarrassing. I don't like comparing him to Bielsa because they are very different but his theatrics are not what we want. Dial it back Jesse.

Referee appointments on Leeds games...

Salisbury 4th official for Southampton, Chelsea, referee at Brighton. Jones referee for Wolves, referee for Brentford. Seems a little "clustered".

He was complaining at the 4th official, literally screaming in his face. When the original foul took place he was also on the pitch shouting and screaming. Id like to see more cards issued to managers as there seems to be a high threshold for them but in this case, he 100% deserves a red card

He was complaining at the 4th official, literally screaming in his face. When the original foul took place he was also on the pitch shouting and screaming. Id like to see more cards issued to managers as there seems to be a high threshold for them but in this case, he 100% deserves a red card
He went onto the pitch to protest, he ran directly into AR1 who had to hold him off, then screamed at the 4th official. He could have seen red for any of those things.

Back