A&H

British Deaf Football Cup Final

Brian Hamilton

RefChat Addict
Observer/Tutor
Now I thought I was done in the middle after last week's game then after Wednesday's Vets game but it seems life on the grass has one final twist as I am on these games. I am lining at 11:00 and refereeing the Final at 3pm

BRITISH DEAF FOOTBALL CUP n PLATE FINAL at Garforth Town FC near Leeds on
Sat 7th May 2016.

CUP FINAL - Kick Off at 3pm.
Fulham Deaf v Glasgow Deaf.
--------------------------------------------
PLATE FINAL - Kick Off at 11am.
St John Deaf v. Black Country Deaf.
--------------------------------------------
Place at
Garforth Town FC
JS White & Co
Community Stadium
Cedar Ridge
Garforth
LS25 2PF.

The Referee Store
I bloody knew it!!!! Barely a week has passed and he's out of retirement!!!!! :)

More seriously; interested as to what the game is like.

As far as retiring is concerned it is closer than planned. The last game was supposed to be May 17 but it will now be May 8 when I am 4th Official on the County U12 Final. It just happens that these other games keep coming my way. Come Monday I will be an ex-referee

As far as retiring is concerned it is closer than planned. The last game was supposed to be May 17 but it will now be May 8 when I am 4th Official on the County U12 Final. It just happens that these other games keep coming my way. Come Monday I will be an ex-referee

Until you get another game!

In all seriousness how do you let the players know you've made a decision!?

Did a deaf football tournament at St George's Park a year a go and you still use a whistle because not all the players are completely deaf and we accompanied it by holding a bright coloured bib in the air for those players that could hear less. I found that generally during the day when there was a challenge that could've maybe been given as a foul most players would look at the referee before carrying on.

Brilliant day. Did the middle for the plate final between St Johns (London) and Black Country (West Midlands) with St Johns running out 8-0 winners despite only being 2-0 up at half time.

This afternoon, lined on the Cup Final between Fulham and Glasgow Athletic. Finished 3-0 to Fulham after extra time and Glasgow had 2 sent off in Extra Time as well.

Great day. 4th Official tomorrow and that's it... beer and barbecue planned depending on the weather. Just beginning to feel a little tired after 4 middles and 2 lines in 9 days.

Curiosity dictates I must ask about why they were sent off?
First one was on a caution and his 3rd warning. Ball pushed forward to more experienced CF who tries to turn him. He swings his arm up and deliberately strikes the CF under the jaw.

Second one challenged a CH who fell to the ground and he deliberately kicked him hard

I've also had the privilege of doing this. I had the Plate middle and the Cup line several years ago at the old Kettering Town ground. Play stopped with a whistle and an arm in the air a la IDFK signal.

The reason that came up, was I had awarded an IDFK. A player asked me if he could play, and when I asked why he hadn't he said that because my arm was up, I was saying to stop. Worked brilliantly after that :D Arm straight up - everybody stops. Whistle and advantage signal, we all restart.

Fabulous day all round.

Back